Not seeing the results I expected

Options
I am on my fourth month of my weight loss journey began in Jan. I am careful with the type of food/meals I consume, my calorie intake goal is about 1200. I try to eat as often and as much as I can but most days I barely go over 1000 calories. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week (mainly cardio), I weighed 75 Kg's and according to my scale I have lost around 11kgs as of the other day. I am disappointed in myself because I had expected to have lost a lot more by now. I am starting to question every thing I am doing, am I just worrying for no reason or has anyone else been in a similar way and have some advice?

Replies

• jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    So you've lost around 2lbs a week? What is weight/height? This sounds amazing.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    A loss of 11kg over 14 weeks is good (about 1.75lbs = 0.8kg per week).

what is your height and target weight?

• katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 24 pounds in about 4 months? That seems good to me. I started at a similar weight to you (170 pounds/77kg) in September and am now 138 pounds/62kg. I was aiming for a loss of about a pound a week. 75kg isn't huge, so about a pound a week is a good rate. Maybe you need to adjust your expectations for weight loss, it probably took a while to go on and it will take a while to go off.

Also, I don't know your stats etc, but if you're barely going over 1,000 calories and then you're exercising on top of that and not eating those calories back, it's likely you're not eating enough. Just to provide a comparison, I'm only 5"3 and eat a minimum of 1,500 (but usually around 1,700 as I exercise) and am consistently losing weight.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a good result to me - if you can keep up the calorie deficit, you're doing really well.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, you were expecting to lose masses and masses of weight every week.

The problem lies with your expectations.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    That loss seems even better than expected. At this weight, a loss of 0.4 to 0.5 a kilo a week is normal, you even doubled that. I could even venture and say you are losing weight too fast for this weight.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think shows like The Biggest Loser give people unrealistic expectations or something. This is a great steady weight loss, even on the aggressive side.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    lulasiraj1 wrote: »
    I am on my fourth month of my weight loss journey began in Jan. I am careful with the type of food/meals I consume, my calorie intake goal is about 1200. I try to eat as often and as much as I can but most days I barely go over 1000 calories. I exercise a minimum of 4 days a week (mainly cardio), I weighed 75 Kg's and according to my scale I have lost around 11kgs as of the other day. I am disappointed in myself because I had expected to have lost a lot more by now. I am starting to question every thing I am doing, am I just worrying for no reason or has anyone else been in a similar way and have some advice?

If anything, you are losing too fast and eating too little, potentially putting your health at risk (if you truly eat as little as you say). You might also end up not liking the final result, as some muscle loss will inevitably happen with this plan.
    You need realistic expectations and patience.
  • lusir113
    lusir113 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks for all of your input guys, I am about 150 cm, I am currently trying my best to increase my calorie intake during the day but find it hard because I get full easily and drink a lot of water. I haven't really seen a difference in my body physically which is why I was a little worried but will try and keep in mind that it will take time.
  • katiebean
    katiebean Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Do you take your measurements and comparison pictures? They often show us changes that we don't notice just looking in the mirror.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You've done great, 11kg in 4 months is awesome!
  • koreangurl
    koreangurl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is normal and seems good. Your failing for the trap of being impatient which everyone goes through. Just keep dieting