Day 1

Options
darivas83
darivas83 Posts: 2 Member
Day 1 of me eating healthy, eek it's so hard when your used to eating late at night and all the good tasting food that is so horrible got you starving and ready to hit the sheets because of hunger. Motivation is key and it helps that I have my husband to be behind 100% because he too needs to lose weight because of his diabetes. He doesn't have much to lose but I on the other have plenty and I can only hope that day 2 will be nicer

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    darivas83 wrote: »
    Day 1 of me eating healthy, eek it's so hard when your used to eating late at night and all the good tasting food that is so horrible got you starving and ready to hit the sheets because of hunger. Motivation is key and it helps that I have my husband to be behind 100% because he too needs to lose weight because of his diabetes. He doesn't have much to lose but I on the other have plenty and I can only hope that day 2 will be nicer

A 180 degree turn is hard and usually unnecessary. You can eat whenever you want, calories can't tell time. Don't just eat "healthy" food, pick foods you like that also are healthy. Motivation comes and goes, it's not to be relied upon. Determination and commitment, and realistic expectations are much more sustainable. You'll be eating like this for the rest of your life. Does that idea sound pleasing or dreadful?
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options

A 180 degree turn is hard and usually unnecessary. You can eat whenever you want, calories can't tell time. Don't just eat "healthy" food, pick foods you like that also are healthy. Motivation comes and goes, it's not to be relied upon. Determination and commitment, and realistic expectations are much more sustainable. You'll be eating like this for the rest of your life. Does that idea sound pleasing or dreadful?

+1
  • Behtaj
    Behtaj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you really want .. u can do it ;)
  • darivas83
    darivas83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I actually couldn't believe I did day 1, day 2 here I come
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The first week or so was the hardest for me. My stomach hadn't shrunk yet, so I was hungry a lot, and I was more used to turning to food for entertainment at all hours of the day and night. After a few weeks, that got a lot less distracting; I found other ways to amuse myself. Then I turned my attention to picking foods that tasted good and kept me filled up but were within my budget. I still eat all the foods I love, but the calorie-dense ones I eat in smaller portions or less often. Once I got used to the routine, it was no hardship to start reducing my calories gradually. At first, 1800 calories felt like deprivation. Now I'm happy at 1200 for the time being, in part because seeing the weight come off is greater thrill than anything I could be getting from feasting on even the best food. The increased energy and comfort from taking off 57 pounds is something that leaves me feeling ecstatic and light as a feather all day every day, even though I still weigh 188 pounds and have a long way to go. Once you get hooked, you'll be on your way.