Cauliflower pizza crust recipe?

Options
sarahkanzalone
sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
I have seen a lot of people talking about cauliflower pizza crust and would love to try it! So if you have a good recipe (especially if it has nutritional info with it) please share!

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like this one because it has a lot less cheese than other recipes (since I like a little more cheese on top!)

Cauliflower Crust Pizza
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Why are people so set on this cauli pizza crust? Just use a "flatout" and at least have somewhat of a pizza crust :) and save the calories, if thats what you are going for.

I frequently use the flat outs but I'm trying to improve my cooking skills and set a goal for myself to try something new each week so this seemed like a good thing to try this week

• Selphie8
    Selphie8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crusts are pretty great. They're a free serving of veggies, and they taste a lot fresher and less stodgy than bread bases.

I've yet to find a really convenient recipe; I might give QueenMunchy's a go.
  • memelclaws
    memelclaws Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Interested in nutrition and calorie reduction.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try a recipe for cooking a cauliflower pizza in a slow cooker-- Deep dish healthy pizza sounds great! Plus, my past struggles with alternative pizza crusts has been in getting it rolled out and sticking together. This seems like it will make it a lot easier.

http://slowcookergourmet.net/slow-cooker-deep-dish-cheese-pizza-with-cauliflower-crust/
  • dawnsacre
    dawnsacre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chef Buck on You Tube has the best Cauliflower Pizza Crust recipe! It comes out perfect everytime. IT IS AMAZING!
  • Chelseeea1
    Chelseeea1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've made this one multiple times. Takes a little while to prepare.
    http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2013/08/cauliflower-crust-pizza/
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am using oats bread flats for the pizza...same calories of caulibread crust i think
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I made this on last week, and it was good. I'd recommend making it on parchment paper, because it stuck to the pan a little. My husband liked it way more than regular pizza, but he's weird like that.

•1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    •1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    •1 egg, beaten
    •1 teaspoon dried oregano
    •½ teaspoon crushed garlic
    •½ teaspoon garlic salt
    •olive oil (optional)
    •pizza sauce, shredded cheese and choice of your toppings*
    Instructions

To "rice" the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself. One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

1.Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
    2.In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
    3.Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
    4.Remove from oven.
    5.To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
    *Note: Toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.
  • MichaelGlenday1
    MichaelGlenday1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe I will pass it on to my friends and see if they can make it and let me know what they think of it and if you can find more good recipes that I may like if you can please send it to my email address which is: michael.glenday36@gmail.com that will be great and then I can save it to my computer and use them if I need something to cook. Thank you.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I actually like the taste of the crust plain.

But I can't seem to completely dry out the cauliflower which is irritating.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Whichever recipe you choose (Paula Deen's is a decent start) be sure to put the cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze as much water out of it as you can. This will let the crust get a bit firmer and crisper.. a much better texture IMO than when you don't.