I am new

Options
I have never used a tool like this before to try to lose weight. I am needing to lose weight badly so I am going to give this a try. When I entered in my meals for today I was so shocked at how many calories I ate. I sure hope doing this will help me get this weight off! I am tired of being over weight!

Replies

• AJelinski
    AJelinski Posts: 36
    Options
    It works great...
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, use it and it will work.
  • kittycakes
    kittycakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • LexiCheree
    LexiCheree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i love it and im sure you will too!
  • kaylynnmiller
    kaylynnmiller Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So are you all telling me by following the calorie intake and the exercise goal for myself I will lose?
  • callmefor911
    callmefor911 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    it is an eye opener and helps u make better food choices.. good luck on your journey
  • kaylynnmiller
    Options
    Thanks! I just hope I stay motivated and keep up with it!
  • kaylynnmiller
    Options
    Thanks!
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find alot of support and motivation here. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • kayheil
    kayheil Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started using this site 8 weeks ago & have steadily lost 1 lb/week. 1200 calories is not a lot to live on so exercising is my incentive to get more calories which means more food. I walk 5 miles 4+ days a week, ride my road bike at least 1 day per week (24+ miles) (I am a cyclist . . . helmet, spandex, etc.) & swim 1 day per week. I was also shocked at all the food I was eating & the calories associated. Once you become accountable for what you put in your mouth, your perspective changes & you make better choices & decisions. You won't regret this decision, it's the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. Good luck!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, and you can lose whatever weight you want. It's work but losing it weight can be done with just a little due diligence. All it boils down to is making sure calories in are less than calories out. Depending on how strict or extreme you need your weight loss to be just dictates how much/quickly you lose. But this site gives you all the tools to take care of business!
  • kaylynnmiller
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!! I am going to start with my exercise level less right now because I have a hurt foot. I am hoping it will get better soon so I can get into shape faster! I also know on the other hand that losing the weight slowly helps keep it off!! So I will try this was and see how it goes! Thanks for the support so far! :0)
  • Hip_Dancer
    Hip_Dancer Posts: 14
    Options
    This site is very motivating, welcoming, and supportive. Good Luck and add me if you'd like.
  • kaylynnmiller
    Options
    Thanks! I look forward to the support and the friends I am going to make on here! :0):flowerforyou:
  • akaHelenParr
    Options
    i was shocked too at my calorie intake...I guess if you don't know you really are not paying attention. This is a great site. down 17 pounds in 35 days. keep it up, keep it off.
  • kaylynnmiller
    Options
    Thanks for you reply!! I am doing my first weigh in tomorrow morning! It will be week tomorrow that I really started counting my calories!! I can't wait to see where I am at!!
  • Kayluv1996
    Kayluv1996 Posts: 15
    Options
    Its works great. It becomes addicting. Everyone here is really supportive. We should be friends