Cravings for sweets!

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this. I have lost 5 lb so far, 15 more to go. I am doing good at controlling my calories, but I have a sweet tooth! I love love love chocolate and there are days when I just want to eat that all day long. Any tips about how to control those cravings or something healthy I can eat instead of chocolate?

Thanks

Replies

• LexiCheree
    LexiCheree Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    best thing for sweet cravings AND pms....keebler or whatever those 100 calorie snack packs! they have all kinds and I love them!
  • dontstopnow
    dontstopnow Posts: 152
    Options
    i really love the sugar free velvety chocolate vitatops! i usually eat them right out of the freezer :3
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I love Walden Farms chocolate sauce... its zero calories! I put it on tons of different things to get my chocolate fix!

I also love truvia and sweetleaf sweetners.

diet hot cocoa mix (25 cals) is also one of my chocolate go to's... I love to blend it over ice for a frozen treat! I cut out all processed sugars from my diet which has really diminished the cravings! Its like a drug...once you kick it for good the withdrawl eventually stops!
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    look for chocolate vitatops!
  • mlweaver89
    mlweaver89 Posts: 35
    Options
    Cravings for sweets are typically associated with low blood sugar. I don't fully understand the mechanisms behind it, but try to eat only food high in nutritional value like protein. When you eat, your glucose goes up, and if you eat something sweet, it goes WAY up. As they say, what goes up must go down, so after a huge spike like that your glucose crashes way back down again and you start to crave those sweets again.

I think.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My chocolate fix is Jello sugar free double chocolate pudding cup. I too LOVE chocolate.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I get my chocolate fix with chocolate flavored calcium supplements (like Viactiv)

If you freeze cherry tomatoes, the tomato juice inside freezes into a really sweet popsicle-like thing!
  • paola0906
    paola0906 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for tips!
  • paola0906
    paola0906 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm searching for Vitatops online now!
  • kissandxmakeup
    Options
    I am a HUGE chocolate junkie! Anything and everything should just be chocolate flavored zero calorie everything. LOL Since it's not, I usually buy the bars of Ghirardelli Intense Dark Midnight Reverie 86% Cacao. They are DEELISH! The serving size is 4 squares at 250 calories, but I usually only eat two squares and pair it with something healthier so that I'm getting the chocolate I LOVE and still eating the healthier options and filling up! Plus, you get all the benefits of dark chocolate, too! Also, Meijer has a brand of ice creams called "Slender Selections" and they are really good, too. Hope this helps! :D
  • megan4487
    megan4487 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow also makes a chocolate bar and other chocolate treats and ice cream that are to die for!! They have saved my calories and addressed my chocolate need at the same time!!! Good luck
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers has yummy chocolate ice cream sundaes for under 200 calories. I like to eat choclate rice cakes with either some crunchy peanut butter on top of it or lite cool whip on it. Also a good chocolate fix for around 150 calories
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber Plus bars... they come in Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate Almond, Chocolate/Peanut butter and they just came out with a Coconut Caramel with Chocolate... very chocolate-y and lots of fiber.
  • snakegoddess_3
    Options
    I was going to say skinny cow but someone beat me to it. Also there are dark chocolate roasted almonds. It's not coated it's roasted on. TO DIE FOR. Just don't eat the whole bag. Also there is a nut mix called Almond Granola Energy from Walley World. It's a generic brand but it has dark chocolate coated soynuts, chocolate granola, walnuts and golden raisins. I think I need to look for those Vitapops though.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This week I tried the Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds. Amazing! They come in 100 calorie packs so it's portion controlled, too. I had eaten the plain almonds and the cinnamon roasted ones, but was hesitant to buy the cocoa ones, thinking a little taste of chocolate would make me want more, but not so! It has ONE sugar per package.. you get the healthy fats from the nuts... and the taste is natural cocoa, not a manufactured sweet taste. I can have one package, be satisfied and not feel I need more chocolate. Also, the nuts keep you feeling full for a very long time.

* One full cup of unsweetened almond milk is only 40 calories and it's very good with sugar free chocolate syrup.

* Skiny cow ice creams are very good and you can get them in single serving sizes. [I find them very sweet, though.]

* I love, love, love Quaker Chocolate rice cakes with a skim of peanut butter, but find this rather addictive. Almost TOO good!

[I am going to look into the Vita Top muffins. I know they carry them at our supermarket and they look heavenly!] :)
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I sometimes take some L-glutamine powder when it gets really bad (ie:pms)

I eat protein bars that are low carb but taste like chocolate bars.
    I get that "fix" but I feel like it's a better choice for me.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I heard of people melting dark chocolate in fat free cool whip and freezing tablespoons full on wax paper.
  • catemma1
    catemma1 Posts: 3
    Options
    PEPPERMINT IS SUPPOSE TO ERASE SUGAR CRAVINGS. A STUDY SAID JUST BY SMELLING IT MAKES THE CRAVINGS GO AWAY. I LIKE PEPPERMINT GUM.