I always go over my Fiber goals...

Options
I only go over by a few but I don't know if it's bad or not...I never go over anything else just the fiber. Any tips or comments?

Replies

• nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i always go over on my fiber too but i look at it as a positive...the most that it can do is make you go to the bathroom more.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    You should be going over your fiber! MFP sets the fiber goal way too low. Women need a minimum of 25g of fiber today and men 30.
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I go over my fiber almost every day..but i don't think it is a bad thing.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I was honestly going to post something similar to this!!! Glad I read first. I hit 30 to 45 on my fiber daily and I go over my carbs and calcium goals too but if the reason for going over carbs is because of fruits is that such a bad thing? I'm under on calories at the end of the day... What is more important?
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    You should! The fiber is set at what should be your absolute minimum. Even that is lower than the recommended daily fiber intake.
  • sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I do also, and that is a good thing. I agree that it is set too low. The more fiber, the better it is to fight all diseases and diabetes prevention.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It is an excellent thing to go over in fiber. Fiber helps the bowels and keeps cholesterol down. I never mind being over in fiber.
  • Myra73
    Myra73 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I should start a new topic, but I've been going over my protein goals too, mostly because I'm trying to stay within the carb and sugar limits. I agree that extra fiber can only be good, but I'm not too sure about the protein...
  • zombierockstar69
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Thanks all, I'm glad it's nothing bad and I'm doing just fine (=
    Thank you for the support
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Going over your fiber goal is great.. for every gram of fiber you have you can take one carbohydrate away from your totals....
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I was honestly going to post something similar to this!!! Glad I read first. I hit 30 to 45 on my fiber daily and I go over my carbs and calcium goals too but if the reason for going over carbs is because of fruits is that such a bad thing? I'm under on calories at the end of the day... What is more important?

There's no problem with going over on fiber; probably not an issue for most women going over in calcium either. The carbs though...

MFP defaults to something like 55-65% carbs. If you're going over on that, then you are seriously shorting yourself on protein and fat. You'll be tired and cranky and losing muscle no matter how much you work out. You can still lose weight, but you'll lose much more muscle than you should have and you'll be "skinny-fat".
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options

There's no problem with going over on fiber; probably not an issue for most women going over in calcium either. The carbs though...

MFP defaults to something like 55-65% carbs. If you're going over on that, then you are seriously shorting yourself on protein and fat. You'll be tired and cranky and losing muscle no matter how much you work out. You can still lose weight, but you'll lose much more muscle than you should have and you'll be "skinny-fat".

Thanks! I'll work on that, I'm not over today and I almost hit my fat and protein every day...
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of fellow pals doing this..whats the concept or reason?any more info is appreciated
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of fellow pal doing this,do you have a website i can read up on this?