Getting restarted....

Options
Hi. I'm the_kage. I'm a Father of four, a husband, a son. I have many hobbies and interests, but mainly making beer, playing drums, and reading books.
Growing up I had always been the "husky" kid. When I graduated high school, I was about 240 and am only 5ft 8". But in college I was taking 18 credit hours, working, with an internship. I started lifting, drinking coupious amounts of black coffee everyday, and taking ephedra. I dropped down to 180 quickly. I felt amazing. I loved it.
I got married, my wife had 3 kids when we got together, and then we had one together. Flash forward 12 years, working full time, busy with church and kids and everything else in life, here I find myself at 285.

I just had a physical done, Dr. says i am in good health. No high BP, cholesterol is good. Blood sugar is fine. I want to keep it that way. My knees hurt occasionally, but not bad. I need to drop some weight.

Plan thus far.
Diet: sticking to myfitnesspal, calorie requirements, 2100 calories for now. Increasing protein intake, decreasing carbs and simple sugar. Nothing white, no soda. Drinking coffee, tea, and water. Shooting for 140 grams of protein a day.
Drinking tons of water everyday. Cutting out beer/alcohol, with the exception of a glass of red wine a couple of times a week.

Supplements:
Adam Multivitamin
Vit C - 1000mg
Vit D - 1000mg
Garlic - 1000mg
Fish Oil - 3000mg
CLA - 1000mg
Yohimbine HCL - 2.5mg
Cayenne 500mg
Doctors Choice - EcGC, Pre/Probiotics,Carcinia Gambogia, and Glucomannan
Whey Protein

Exercise:
Got a fitbit, trying to get my steps in, walking everyday.
I have a bike, my goal is to ride it 2-3 times a week.
Once a lose a little weight, I want to start lifting and doing p90x.

Replies

• dr4jesuskc
    dr4jesuskc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Kage. I have about 40lbs to lose. My wife is on WW and has some good accountability and encouragement. I'm back on MFP and looking for some of the same. My meal plan is public. For me, tracking is everything. If I don't track it, I will put it back on.
  • the_kage
    the_kage Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Two Weeks and 6 Lbs down. Woop woop.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    good luck!