I'm a mom, 35yrs, with 90lbs to lose. Need some support!

Options
mrsspregs
mrsspregs Posts: 16 Member
Hi!
I'm a mom in my 30s and have 90lbs to lose. Looking for some people to help support this huge goal! I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I really want to lose this weight but I need to build a support community. My husband doesn't struggle with his weight like I do, so there isn't the support. Let's help each other get healthy!!!

Replies

• mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm a mum to two little tikes and I have a hubby who doesn't have a clue and I'm 29. I totally understand where you're coming from. I have started to get serious about my weightloss this year because I'm so over being fat and it consumes my thoughts and I'm so tired of it. Join me hun and we'll do it together. I've lost quite a bit but I still have 73lbs to go till I hit goal.
    Add me xx
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom in my 30s! This has been the easiest I've ever lost weight and it has been steady. What I love is how I haven't had to give up anything I love. I just make it fit in my daily calorie budget. I've lost 13lbs in 3 months. This isn't a quick fix, it truly is a lifestyle change.
  • lalaleelou
    lalaleelou Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm a 43yo mom of 3 girls and I have at least 100 to lose. The more the merrier on this journey. Feel free to add me.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new friends here. I always welcome friend requests from new people.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    mrsspregs wrote: »
    Hi!
    I'm a mom in my 30s and have 90lbs to lose. Looking for some people to help support this huge goal! I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I really want to lose this weight but I need to build a support community. My husband doesn't struggle with his weight like I do, so there isn't the support. Let's help each other get healthy!!!

I will send you an invite to me accountability group! We just started April 1st, not alot of people but we def support each other!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/113004-daily-accountability-group
  • twinskins
    twinskins Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a single mom of two kids and I'll be 35 next month! I have roughly 90 lbs to lose as well. Almost to 25 lbs since starting January 25th. This past Saturday, I fell off the wagon, but I got back up. The food diaries are always eye opening. Yesterday, although I didn't eat horrible, I had A LOT of carbs, A LOT and they weren't good or filling carbs, so I felt so hungry all day long. Today, I'm making better choices and balancing out all the nutrients. Feel free to add me! :)
  • vmbutterfly1979
    vmbutterfly1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please send me a friend request! I'm new here. I'm 36, mother of a 6 year old, and need to lose 100 pounds
  • melly_mel25
    melly_mel25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place - mom in my 30s with about 100lb to lose. I could definitely use some support and motivation to keep going.
  • kalm3
    kalm3 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! Same here! All feel free to add me as well. I'm 31 mommy of 3 girls with 90 lbs to lose. B) Let's do this!
  • themeddler
    themeddler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, 35 - husband who is naturally fit - kids...I'm always looking for more friends : )
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    40 year old mom soon to be 41 have 3 boys and have over 100lbs to lose
  • kyleliermann
    kyleliermann Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me Im 218 now looking to get down to 175 by next year but I want a 36inch waist by December
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 39, a mum of 2 and need to lose 100lbs. Feel free to add me we can support each other
  • rubijulie
    rubijulie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    To all you young moms. You can all do this! Do it for YOU. Do it for your kids! Do it so you can be the best you possible. You can - You will - You already are. One day at a time.
  • mountainponies
    mountainponies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so eager for some mama support--please add me! I'm 39 with a four month old and I have about 60lbs to lose but I'll settle for less if I can get some good muscle. I miss feeling STRONG and I need a tonne of energy to keep up with my little boy. I've been doing mom and baby spin twice a week but other than that I have a really hard time getting good exercise in and I am running out of steam doing all the meal prep and baby care (my husband is awesome but *super* lazy about food and would be happy to eat pizza every day). I could really use some encouragement and accountability.
  • roxiepratt948
    roxiepratt948 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just starting my diet and exercise program looking for support also. Need to loose weight due to knee surgeries and also for low calcium probably.
  • roxiepratt948
    roxiepratt948 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me Im 218 now looking to get down to 175 by next year but I want a 36inch waist by December

I'm 270 looking too drop 70lbs by my 40TH BIRTHDAY in August
  • rumswood
    rumswood Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey! I sent you a friend request. I am working to lose weight too, I got pregnant back to back which left me needing to lose like 70 pounds. I have lost 37 so far and I am really trying to make my goal this time. I have three kids under two so it's definitely hard to find time to workout. I have to get up before everyone else to do it but I have been. Changing my diet was hard too. I love cookies and cake and bread.
    Anyways., anyone else can friend me too. I have been using MFP to track myself, but just browsed forums until now. :sweat_smile:
  • xtina315
    xtina315 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a momma of two. I started out at 219.4, and now 204.1. You can add me I'm always looking for new friends!
  • CalystaZ
    CalystaZ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not a mom, but I'm 29 and have my goal loss set at 90lbs (from 260 to 170). Anyone feel free to add me. I was in MFP a couple years ago, but decided to start fresh with a new account and could use more people in my support network