Belly fat

Options
I have lost, 30lb in a year and maintained it for 6 month more. I still have 10 to loose, but can't get past. I exercise daily cardio 30 to 60 minutes a day, 6 days a week, strength training = Toal Gym 30 to 45 min 3 times a week. Shawn T Abb 30 minutes 6 days a week.one day off. Plus I do alot of hiking 3 to 5 miles twice a week. My job consists of walking and standing. My diet = low carb 1700 cal a day. All I drink is water and unsweetened decaf tea. Help I'm so frustrated.

Replies

• tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    maybe try switching up the foods you eat? I know when you're dieting meals can get very repetitive so maybe switch it up? I also recommend cutting out animal products, helped me a lot! either way keep going and best of luck! (:
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight than you're eating just as much as you are burning. This is just the only reason. I'm sure you want to hear something else but this is the only reason I'm afraid.

Unless you're talking about only a week or so stall, in which case - it happens, just wait a bit longer.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    With only 10 pounds to go you can't have a very large deficit. You have to be extremely accurate with your logging and it will take longer than the other 30 pounds. You wont be losing 1-2 pounds a week any more, you should expect about .5 per week. That is why the last 10 pounds can be so frustrating, there isn't any room for error in your logging. You mention your exercise, but you don't mention whether you are weighing your food on a scale. If not then that is where you need to start.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I started loosing some of the visceral belly fat when I started running, maybe try that combined with a slight deficit.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Visit your gyno to make sure everything is ok.
    Could be something as simple as fibroids if you haven't gone through the change yet.
    * Alcohol consumption makes my belly bloat for a couple of days.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    With only 10 pounds to go you can't have a very large deficit. You have to be extremely accurate with your logging and it will take longer than the other 30 pounds. You wont be losing 1-2 pounds a week any more, you should expect about .5 per week. That is why the last 10 pounds can be so frustrating, there isn't any room for error in your logging. You mention your exercise, but you don't mention whether you are weighing your food on a scale. If not then that is where you need to start.

This. The closer to your goal weight you are the less room for error there is. Focus less on all of the exercise you're doing and what you're eating and drinking more on how many calories you are consuming in relation to how many you are burning. Don't get me wrong, the exercise is essential to your health but weight loss is about calories in being less than calories out. If you're eating more than you think you are you aren't going to lose weight no matter how long you spend in the gym.

Get more diligent about tracking everything you're eating. Use a food scale to verify portion sizes, even on pre-packaged items which aren't always the size that's on the package.
  • bethayou
    bethayou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, for your Ideas. I do measure and weigh food. I think it Menepausal. The weight is just around the mid section. I have also tried to incorporate some carbs back in my diet. For two months. As of April I stopped the carbs again. I think I may be glutin intolerant
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    gluten intolerance you can get checked by your doctor. are you having abdominal pain, gas, intestinal spasms and things like that?
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Have your doctor check out your hormones if you their it's menopausal, while they check out gluten intolerance/sensitivity, as that could be a reason you're not losing weight. If you check out ok there, then it's time to really start getting serious about your logging, and measuring (weighing) your food.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    If you're not losing weight than you're eating just as much as you are burning. This is just the only reason. I'm sure you want to hear something else but this is the only reason I'm afraid.

Unless you're talking about only a week or so stall, in which case - it happens, just wait a bit longer.

Zactly!