Gained 12 pounds in a week

Options
So let me start by saying I'm not a newb to weight loss or fitness. In 2015 I went from 280 pounds down to 194 and was at 188 on April 2nd.. My wife and I went on vacation in Vegas and I decided to just have a binge week, didn't even consider what I was doing drank allot ate whatever I wanted, had a freaking amazing time... Well weighed in at 200 pounds on Sunday and yea it sucks but mentally I feel completely refreshed and feel like I'm ready to start giving it 100 percent again. I know some will be waterweight if I had to guess I would say legitimate 5-7 pounds gained in 7 days. Anyone else ever binge for longer than a meal or a day?

Replies

• finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I gained about 20 lbs in the month after I quit smoking. Not having nicotine really messes with your appetite, I ate a whole pizza for dinner every day for about two weeks plus breakfast and lunch. Wasn't fun and I felt pretty gross by the end of it, but I didn't stop exercising through the process and didn't really lose too much in terms of fitness (aside from my pants not fitting). Still haven't taken off all the weight, but I do feel better not smoking anymore!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    When we go to vegas I go balls to the wall. We do more drinking then anything because we get stuck to the roulette table for legit like 9 hours. Any vacation we go on i eat whatever I want. Thats my personal preference If we are gonna spend money to get away Im not gonna restrict myself on something special. We just had two weeks of drinking and eating bad pretty much everyday. I put on legit 4 pounds and about 7 pounds of water weight. Gotta just get back on the train... To me those special moments are worth the extra hard work in the end. Im not chained to my scale number.. the set back is annoying but meh. that buffet and drink is worth it.... to me.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I was really stressed out in February and fell into a month long relapse. It was getting up and eating something as often as I could everyday, going to the grocery store and buying stale baked goods, taking food from my family, or just digging into the fruit bowl and the dinners I had prepped.

I was around 140 when it started and went up to 160 after giving myself time to adjust for water weight, back to 156 atm
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    good effort! i went to vegas and only managed to gain a pound!!! :laugh:
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Impressive.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I go on all inclusive vacations a couple times per year and drink/eat all day for a week straight. I usually come back weighing around 8-10 pounds higher than when I started but after the water drops, it is never more than 2-4 pounds. Piece of cake to get rid of that (usually need to detox anyway!)
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    LOL I've had that happen. March was a bad month, between hurting my ankle (not severe, but enough to keep me from running), plus getting sick and getting into really weird eating habits due to the weird stuff I did and didn't want to eat. I think I gained back six pounds and thankfully managed to drop them again fairly quick - imho it was mostly water weight because I'm a salt fiend.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies I knew I wasn't the only one to binge like that. After hearing your stories I'm curious to see how much of it really is waterweight, I'll post this Saturday when I weigh in after a week of normal diet. I will say one thing drop 100 pounds and basically completely stop drinking and when you do decide to drink you realize how much of a lightweight you are lol
  • MsVino
    MsVino Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just out of curiousity how long after returning to normal diet and exercise did it take each of you to rid the excess water?
  • jonwarr
    jonwarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs before I got married. Then there was honeymoon and another couple of weeks before I was due to start training for my new football team so I went for it.

I gained 19lbs in 4 weeks B)
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies I knew I wasn't the only one to binge like that. After hearing your stories I'm curious to see how much of it really is waterweight, I'll post this Saturday when I weigh in after a week of normal diet. I will say one thing drop 100 pounds and basically completely stop drinking and when you do decide to drink you realize how much of a lightweight you are lol

haha yup.. i didnt have a drink for a couple months and had my normal jack and coke... and im a chugged so downed the 3 drinks pretry fast... white girl wasted.. on...3...drinks. ha!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Same here don't feel bad. Left last week April 2nd for a cruise. I was 155. Had an awesome time. I attempted to reach my 15 drink limit every night (lol- don't judge me) Came back Saturday April 9th ....WTF!!!! 168. Up 13lbs in a week?? I almost cried. :cold_sweat: but here it is Tuesday and I weighed 159 this morning. Now I haven't gotten back to eating right yet but I haven't had a drink since Sunday (last hoorah) and it's still falling off. So don't panic..Glad you had an awesome time!
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I once gained 15 lbs of water weight in a weekend because I was extremely low carb and went on a carb binge (but I stayed within my calorie range). You'll be down again in no time.