Stalled

Options
I've been losing weight over the past year. I went from 216 to 158. I watch my calories, limit carbs and sugar. However, since November my weightloss has slowed wayyyy down. I started 3 exercise classes in January . I feel great, but would like to get to my goal of 140. I'm 5"2 so this would be a healthy weight for me. I keep my calories around 1200 a day, I eat usually a fist full of protein every meal with a cup of veggies every meal. My snacks consist of usually 1oz of nuts, yogurt, string cheese, or a fruit. I do have an additions serving of fat a day whether it's in the form of a condiment or avocado ect. The diet I follow is under the weekly supervision of a dietician and md. they've had me lower and increase my calories , add supplements ect which really haven't helped so far. any help appreciated.

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    "fist full of protein" and "cup of veggies" are obviously not measured in grams...start there...
  • amairs
    amairs Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice unfortunately, but good for you for working so hard! I'm still over 200 lbs, I work out 5 days a week, and track my calories, and haven't managed to lose more than 5-10 lbs in the past 6 months. It's disappointing to say the least, stalls are so frustrating!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How do you determine how much of each item you're eating? Are you guessing on portion sizes, using measuring cups and spoons, or are you weighing it with a food scale?
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    are you weighing your food? or is your food prepared in the proper quantities for you as part of your diet? Before when you were heavier you could get buy a little looser on your tracking because most likely you were still in a deficit despite some logging errors. Now, when your down in weight and close to your goal and losing less, you must tighten everything up because your calorie deficit is less and mistakes can negate your deficit all together.

You must weigh your food. fist fulls aren't very accurate, nor are product labels. Thats one thing to consider.
  • brendaeischvansambeek
    Options
    I do have to use a good scale to weigh my protein . A fistful is my general gage for what portion size I can generally have but I do have to weigh it
  • brendaeischvansambeek
    Options
    The protein I have to weigh , fruit and vegetables I have to use measuring cups
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    The protein I have to weigh , fruit and vegetables I have to use measuring cups

Why?
    It would be more accurate if you weighed them.
  • brendaeischvansambeek
    Options
    It's just how we are taught? Depending on the fruit or veggie you eat, determines the size you are allowed. 1/4c 1/2c 1c ect. I'm guessing they do it for simplicity ?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    if you google* the fruit or veggie you can figure out how much a cup should weigh:

examples:

carrots -

1 cup chopped = 128 g for 53 calories
    1 cup strips or slices = 122 g for 50 calories
    1 cup grated = 110 g for 45 calories

Avocado -

1 cup sliced = 146 g for 234 calories
    1 cup cubed = 150 g for 240 calories
    1 cup pureed = 230 g for 368 calories

*google pulls the nutrition information from the USDA and the nutrition should show on the right hand side of screen
    bf7dx7aaemr1.png

• amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you decide to cram into the cup though. I had a half an avocado on my salad for lunch. I weighed it as I added it to the container. No dirty cups, no guessing - 50 grams. Why such resistance to something so easy??
  • brendaeischvansambeek
    Options
    I'll stArt weighing them and see if that helps:) thanks for the advice i appreciate it.
    I'm totally not resisting , just answering the question why I measure and don't weigh.