Just to lazy

Options
I need something to get me back to the old me or close to. Just don't seem able to see me as I am now I just see myself as 11 stone. I see the fat 19 stone person who is slowly killing herself but my mind is stuck in this false view...sounds mad I know. Been on here a month and done nothing just so lazy...why. Why can I not get going. I have two beautiful girls that watch out for me so wrong.. Bless them. I would say help in big red letters but only I can do it and yet I don't any one understand me :-( xx

Replies

• wuwu90
    wuwu90 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bc3mfpcqomal.jpg
  • nadler64
    nadler64 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't think laziness is the problem. I recommend you start with a visit to your doctor to get screened for depression. Seriously.

I say this as someone who struggles to just get out of bed when I'm not on Wellbutrin.

((Hugs))
  • lugerlovelesley
    lugerlovelesley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ty for hugs x.
    Do suffer from depression and on low dose as I get affected by the tablets. Never heard of wellbutrin though are there side effects to these. X
  • lugerlovelesley
    Options
    wuwu90 wrote: »
    bc3mfpcqomal.jpg

Ty will try and remember that x x
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Is it laziness or being overwhelmed by thinking of doing everything at once. Pick one small thing to start. Drink more water or add more vegetables to your dinner. You can do this for you and for your girls.
  • ajsawrie
    ajsawrie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    Is it laziness or being overwhelmed by thinking of doing everything at once. Pick one small thing to start. Drink more water or add more vegetables to your dinner. You can do this for you and for your girls.

I agree with this. It starts with baby steps. When you want to snack, eat fruit or veggies. I also love Triscuits or Wheat Thins, but you have to be sure and count them out. Remember - even if you're taking baby steps, you're still lapping everyone who's sitting on the couch!!
  • lugerlovelesley
    Options
    Ty to all of you and your words of wisdom it is nice to know there are others around who understand x x
  • marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can do it, you just need to try. The first thing i would suggest is to work out how many calories your body needs (google TDEE Calculator) and then take 500 calories off this number. Then weigh your food and key it into your food diary so you become aware just how much you're overeating. This should help you to cut down. Add a daily walk, even just for half an hour. Do all this and in just a few months you will be seeing a HUGE difference. Do it for yourself, you can do this. It will not be easy, but you have to commit to this type of plan for a long time. Not a month or a few weeks, but 6 months. It will take time but you will be adding months back to your lifespan aswel and if you think how fast life passes anyway befoe you know it you will be 4/5 weeks in. You need a start point, this is it. Using the app is great to keep you going. Log all of your rubbish days and if you do over eat 2/3 times a week just try and avoid it being toooo over your suggested calories.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Don't wait for motivation, just force yourself to do it until it becomes a habit.