Ideas for giving steamed broccoli flavor?

Options

Replies

• positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, try baking broccoli. A little sea salt and olive oil, It gets crispy and tender. So amazing, like a treat! I can't say what temp and how long but try 400 for 10+ minutes until browned slightly. Amazing. Works well with asparagus and green beans too!

I've never tried broccoli or green beans, but I've had asparagus baked like this and it's delicious. It's really easy and quick too.
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love broccoli, I eat it all the time. Stir fried. All it needs is a little salt and garlic. Garlic makes a massive difference!!
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like to top it off with some salsa verde and trader joes dragon sauce. I will honestly eat a whole bowl.

Crazy, that's exactly what I do

Or Frank's on the side for dippin'

Oh my gosh! That sounds amazing
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Just shake some cayenne pepper over it then steam or bake it. I do a little salt too. I mostly do this with baked green beans. Also garlic really goes well with broccoli.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I read a recipe tossing cooked broccoli in garlic hummus
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I like to top it off with some salsa verde and trader joes dragon sauce. I will honestly eat a whole bowl.

It's good on chips too
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options

It's good on chips too

No way! I've never thought to do that. You should try Garden of Eaten Red Hot Blues.
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    nutritional yeast is good on everything lol and maybe try coconut aminos? it's like soy sauce but a lot lower in sodium than even reduced sodium soy sauce
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Crushed Red Pepper. That's it. Deeeelish.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I love steamed broccoli omg - all I need is a little salt.

That being said, a bit of butter-y stuff is good, as well as pepper. I worship at the altar of Maggi, which tastes great with basically everything. Seconding the nutritional yeast idea - it's great on spaghetti, and I'm sure it'd be fabulous on broccoli, too! :heart:
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    tus003razani.png
    I third or fourth the lemon! This True Lemon shaker of lemon crystals is fast and easy for when you don't have or don't want to hassle fresh lemons.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

It's good on chips too

No way! I've never thought to do that. You should try Garden of Eaten Red Hot Blues.

I live on them pretty much
  • jlserrano905
    jlserrano905 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't say I've ever cooked broccoli any other way besides steam since I buy the steamfresh frozen broccoli. Can you roast raw broccoli?
    [/quote]

Yes you can. I like it roasted with chopped onion and garlic. You can also try tossing it in a teaspoon of sesame oil instead of olive oil for a nutty flavor.
  • nifer1029
    nifer1029 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. I call it Pizza Broccoli.
  • happyveganrachel
    happyveganrachel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Low sodium Tamari or soy sauce, nutritional yeast, and any salt-free table seasoning. This is seriously so good on all veggies!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I've been doing brown butter, balsamic, and soy sauce on my veggies lately. Soo good.

http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/15-minute-balsamic-brown-butter-roasted-asparagus/
  • jonwarr
    jonwarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to dry fry mine so it browns and add paprika
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Can I just say, try baking broccoli. A little sea salt and olive oil, It gets crispy and tender. So amazing, like a treat! I can't say what temp and how long but try 400 for 10+ minutes until browned slightly. Amazing. Works well with asparagus and green beans too!

this is the only way my daughter will eat it. and it's even better if the edges get a little black from being slightly overcooked.
  • danielvela126
    danielvela126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use lime juice after I steam them....Mmmm
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Try Vietnamese or other Asian fish sauce -- delicious. Lots of sodium, but a little goes a long way.