Thing's you have heard from others about your diet that are false or just tick you off.

Options

Replies

• StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    tdeaux wrote: »
    OMG ALL OF THE TIME! This weekend, I was with friends and did not want the unnecessary calories from alcohol. They kept going on and on about it. They would even put drinks I did not want in front of me.

This is a big problem. My friends can't seem to understand that I can have a great time without an alcoholic beverage. Besides, I'm usually the designated driver which make their lives easier.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The "it's just one time" things bugs the crap out of me.

Another is "gosh, you must spend so much time obsessing over food". No... not really... takes me like 20 minutes to meal prep for the day and what, an hour for dinner? I'm guessing you spend about the same amount of time.

"You weigh everything? Doesn't that make you feel like you might be developing a problem?" Nope... not even a little.

"Don't you feel bad that you can't have any junk food?" Bish please... I have junk food every single day. I make room for that *kitten*... I enjoy it. It keeps me sane.

"I bet you eat so clean" Nope... I eat highly processed crap every day. It fits my macros, I eat a varied diet, I get my micros, I'm good... no unnecessary restrictions for me, thank you.

I could go on forever.

Yeah I love how people assume I never eat junk food.

Just recently I had a co-worker offer me food and I declined and she said, "but it's healthy"... and it was... But it wasn't what I had planned for the day, nor anything that was worth changing my meal plan around for. I just told her "it's not about 'healthy' I just don't want it!".

If the people who comment on my eating habits actually saw all the junk I eat along w/ my "healthy" stuff they would be shocked.
    In fact I laugh internally when I go out to eat w/ friends and they order "healthy foods" like a salad and I'm indulging in hamburgers and French Fries or Nachos and I'm still skinnier than all of them!
    :D

When I go out, it's a hamburger, fries, side of wings, ranch, entree sized nachos, and a cupcake. That's my go to restaurant meal.

*ETA.. I don't do that all that often. :p

As far as I'm concerned, eating out is supposed to be fun so I pretty much indulge every time I go out... unless of course it happens to be a week when I'm going out say 3 or 4 times a week (very rare but it happens)... then some of those times I'll be careful.
    But I try to save my "healthy" eating for during the week when I'm eating by myself at work... or when I'm at home because my husband and I both eat healthy so it's easier to just do it together at home.
    But, TBH I NEED alcohol to be social, so I save a lot of calories during the week so I can drink it up on the weekends when we go out w/ friends.
    Perfect example... I ate and drank A LOT on Saturday because we went on a turn around bus trip w/ friends...
    But because I had eaten carefully all week and even saved some calories, all the indulgences were barely a blip on my weight loss/maintenance radar...

Sorry, I'm starting to take this topic in another direction...

Back on topic, sorta... since I do that in front of friends I hate that they say I must "not eat" cuz not only do I, but I do MOST of my heavy/bad eating in front of them! What they're saying makes no sense!
    They must just be jealous cuz they see me eat like that and not gain weight...
  • Wickedfaery73
    Wickedfaery73 Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    "Are you on drugs?" "You don't want to get too skinny" (on logging food) "You're becoming obsessed, I'm really worried about you..." "You can't eat that can you?" (whatever sweet was brought in) After I got to maintenance the first time, more than once as I was doing my lunchtime walk "Why are you still exercising? You've already lost all the weight"

• MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    "You can't lose weight if you eat carbs."

Yes, that's why I've lost 115 pounds eating vegetarian, including lots of pasta, fruit, and veg.

And I hate when people ask, "How did you lose the weight?" And I say, "Oh, I counted calories and got more exercise," you can practically see their eyes glaze over. Everyone wants to hear you name some celebrity fab diet; they don't like to hear the simplicity of it.

Thanks for this!! I am slowly introducing carbs into my diet after thinking carbs are the devil haha
  • SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I told one of my coworkers that I jokingly call things 'expensive' when they have too many calories, because calories is basically a currency. For a while every time I ate something (even though he's calorie counting too...) he was like 'Isn't that too expensive?" or "Damn... that's expensive!"

Also the very first day at this job my other coworker (there are only 3 of us in this location), the second I pulled out a protein bar was like "You're always snacking, aren't you?"

I was too self-conscious to eat in front of him, or let him know that I was eating, for two weeks after that.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    "Weighing food is a sign of an eating disorder" (NOT weighing gave me a disorder called obesity!)

"It's great you're losing weight...but you still have a long way to go" (when did I ask for your opinion??)

"Nothing wrong with eating nice food once in while" (I eat very nice food, thank you!)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    most things...people are friggin' morons and I've only ever run into a few that actually know what they're talking about where nutrition is concerned.
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    In fact I laugh internally when I go out to eat w/ friends and they order "healthy foods" like a salad and I'm indulging in hamburgers and French Fries or Nachos and I'm still skinnier than all of them!
    :D

^I have lost 25lbs and 5 pant sizes since November. I went out to eat with friends who were heavier than me and they were eating daintily while I stuffed an entire order of nachos from Chili's in my face. They were staring at me, because they know how much work I've been putting into losing weight. Its like they thought I had gone insane because I didn't order a grilled chicken and rice something...

They didn't know I had planned for that outing all week, and had just come from 3 hours of martial arts. I was gonna EAT WHAT I WANTED.

(PS, I had the worst stomach ache after that..but it was totally worth every cheesy morsel.)

I think we should be friends!!! We'll stuff our faces and stay skinny together! :D
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I told one of my coworkers that I jokingly call things 'expensive' when they have too many calories, because calories is basically a currency. For a while every time I ate something (even though he's calorie counting too...) he was like 'Isn't that too expensive?" or "Damn... that's expensive!"

Also the very first day at this job my other coworker (there are only 3 of us in this location), the second I pulled out a protein bar was like "You're always snacking, aren't you?"

I was too self-conscious to eat in front of him, or let him know that I was eating, for two weeks after that.

That's what me and my husband say!!!!! Haha. We both count and we'll look something up or scan something and say to the other "Guess how expensive that is?!" Haha I've looked at it like currency for a while now. It helps in a way. It's like looking at your bank account.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    "How could you cut out carbs? I would be starving" :neutral: That's why I am me and you are you.... lol
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    we needa good line for those who don't believe calaoreis in> calories out

"First of all a prune juice fast, nothing but prune juice for 3 days followed by a green detox-only eat green foods for 2 days, then a protien shake for dinner and an hour workout---and that's just week 1."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!