Help!!! No Weightloss in over a month!

Options
Hi all!

I need some help. I have lost 45 pounds so far on my weight loss program but have come to a hault. I haven't lost any weight for over a month. I stay the same every day. I am eating around 1700 calories per day. I'm 5ft 11in and weigh 244. I am burning 500 plus calories per work out. Anyone have some suggestions for me?? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim

Replies

• amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    No one can really help you if you keep your food diary locked! Geez!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Try eating more. A LOT of people have broken through their plateaus with this approach. Up you daily calories by about 200 and give it a couple of weeks. I've had to do it at least once already and it worked very nicely. :)
  • KyleGA
    KyleGA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good point Amanda. Tim, what was your calorie intake during the time in which you lost your 45lbs?
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Can;t help if we can't see what you are eating.......
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It can be very disheartening when the scales don't move.....I had the same experience for 3 weeks about a month ago. For comfort, I turned to the trusty tape measure. I was pleasantly surprised. I may not have lost gram/pounds but I had certainly lost cms/inches. So don't depair. I think what it is, it's our bodies seem to take time to 'readjust' themselves, physically. That is probably why we notice it phsically that we have lost weight - our body changes shape. So don't put too much stress on the scales not moving. Keep on as you are. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised...:-}
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I take a couple of cheat days. usually two or three in a row. Still mind the portions - don't go hog wild - but eat some things you have been craving. (I shoot for about 300 calories over my normal. If its 400, I don't stress) It does two things: Gets those cravings out of the the way and shakes up your metabolism. Works like a charm for me.
  • timmo60
    timmo60 Posts: 3
    Options
    I unlocked my diary now. I was eating around the same for calories. I haven't used the online tool for tracking foods except for today really good. But most days were between 1800 and 1700. I am going to follow everyone's suggesetions and what my profile is showing for how much too eat. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the help.

Tim
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't showing much. It's hard to guage how you're managing as I could only see one full day.....:-{
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    First thing you need to do is actually track and MEASURE EVERYTHING you are eating or drinking. Only then can anyone give you rational advice.
  • timmo60
    timmo60 Posts: 3
    Options
    I fully understand the importance of tracking all and especially measuring all my foods. I measure all of the foods I eat and ingredients I use. I have been tracking calories on paper, but this is way easier. I just weighed my self for the morning and the scale moved. I am down to 240 lbs!! We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks everyone.

Tim