Big move to USA, missing active friends.

Options
Hi!!
I'm Liz, I just moved from Syd, Aus to Houston, Tx a year ago and I put on 15lbs within first 6 months thanks to all the new food.. thankfully I've worked it all back off but I've lost motivation and I'm 1 month out from my Hawiian wedding.
I generally eat healthy and try working out 5-6 days a week, however, I work full time and haven't had chance to be social and make new friends outside of my small workplace so I have no workout or hiking buddies and it sucks.
Hopefully MFP will give me that extra drive.

Replies

• ReachYourGoalsWithFerny
    Options
    I would love to help you! Add me if you want! Im willing to help you reach your goal!
  • betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Texas, we moved here about a year ago as well and gained about the same, to much bbq and mexican food :/ glad to be friends with you, stay motivated!
  • lizAus2TX
    lizAus2TX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.. BBQ and Mexican food are evil but oh so delicious. Where did you move from?
  • anyaart888
    anyaart888 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I also moved to US and gained weight, trying to lose it now
    let's keep on track together

lizAus2TX wrote: »
    Hi!!
    I'm Liz, I just moved from Syd, Aus to Houston, Tx a year ago and I put on 15lbs within first 6 months thanks to all the new food.. thankfully I've worked it all back off but I've lost motivation and I'm 1 month out from my Hawiian wedding.
    I generally eat healthy and try working out 5-6 days a week, however, I work full time and haven't had chance to be social and make new friends outside of my small workplace so I have no workout or hiking buddies and it sucks.

• betzd189
    betzd189 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh.. BBQ and Mexican food are evil but oh so delicious. Where did you move from?
    Just from Idaho to San Antonio. Not to far but huge cultural difference.
  • edragonfist
    edragonfist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

"Live long and prosper"