ugh PRT SEASON

Options
sailin4her
sailin4her Posts: 16 Member
It sucks to be having surgery and be expected to run just like I did right away. I struggle with motivation but I am very active just big. I ran a mile and a half in 12 minutes and 20 seconds I am 31 I am trying my hardest but the weight wont shed

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Been there done that, bro. I was glad to finally get a waiver to stop doing the PRT. It's a stupid test anyways. How long did you get convo leave for? lol btw I'm AG2 stationed in MS.
  • Meljeanp
    Meljeanp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have only recently been able to do my PRT with out being taped. It took me a while to get there. I do alot of cardio and really watch what I eat. Have you tried doing the elliptical or the swim?
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I have only recently been able to do my PRT with out being taped. It took me a while to get there. I do alot of cardio and really watch what I eat. Have you tried doing the elliptical or the swim?

Excellent point about the swim. It is a bit easier on the body but you have to be prepared to do it; i.e. train ahead of time. Don't just expect to jump in the pool and swim it quick...I've seen lots of people fail that way.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    You're not drinking enough water. You're rearing the correct amount of calories, but you should spread them more throughout the day instead of large meals.