Netflix and treadmill

Options
Decided too watch Netflix while on treadmill. Next thing I know it's been 3 hrs lol. I'm going to have to do more often!!!!!

Replies

• NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Hahahha, way to go!
    :-D
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to pass the time.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I've been doing almost all my TV watching on the treadmill for the past couple years. I started on my phone, and now have the kid's TV in the basement mounted on a wall swivel so I can turn it to face my treadmill. I also added some headphones so i don't have to turn it up too loud in the early morning. Even on "rest" days when I don't run or lift, I still can easily get over 15,000 steps watching a movie or binging on a new show! It now seems strange to sit on the couch to watch TV.
  • bac609
    bac609 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I pick a series, currently it's House, and only allow myself to watch an episode while I'm on the treadmill or elliptical.
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Between Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime, I catch up on all the cable shows I don't get while on the treadmill. Used to do books on tape when I worked out in a gym, but like the TV better cause it keeps my eyes off the timer.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    I've been doing almost all my TV watching on the treadmill for the past couple years. I started on my phone, and now have the kid's TV in the basement mounted on a wall swivel so I can turn it to face my treadmill. I also added some headphones so i don't have to turn it up too loud in the early morning. Even on "rest" days when I don't run or lift, I still can easily get over 15,000 steps watching a movie or binging on a new show! It now seems strange to sit on the couch to watch TV.

Thats what I need to do!!!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I do this too on days I'm not at the gym and it's not nice enough to go for a walk. I like to watch Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead. Zombie shows make me speed up!
  • brockb1981
    brockb1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I do this too on days I'm not at the gym and it's not nice enough to go for a walk. I like to watch Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead. Zombie shows make me speed up!

Gotta get in shape too run
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I run Leslie Sansone over my computer while watching tv. She's easy to follow and I dont' need sound.
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did this at the gym. Made the time fly by! Started watching Spartacus, but had to quit that at the gym because of all the nudity o:) hahahahah...didn't want to get kicked out :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    that's the only way I can do the stairmaster... I'd be off it in a heartbeat otherwise!

Smart phones with netflix were the best thing to ever happen to my cardio life.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i am doing daredevil now. i think i'll do the American's next.
  • Katerbels
    Katerbels Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love using my phone (and the WiFi from the coffee shop next to the gym) to watch Netflix on the treadmill or bike! Usually I listen to music, but sometimes if I'm too tired the distraction is nice. I was watching the new season of Trailer Park Boys... I wondered if anyone noticed and wondered what the heck it was haha.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this.... Although food network is my favorite so might just make me hungry lol... Maybe I'll re-watch Star Trek and pretend I'm a red shirt when running on treadmill
  • brockb1981
    brockb1981 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i am doing daredevil now. i think i'll do the American's next.

I might use this for my next series
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's great. Most I can stay on even with Netflix is one hour. I can easily go outside for 3 hours, though.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this.... Although food network is my favorite so might just make me hungry lol... Maybe I'll re-watch Star Trek and pretend I'm a red shirt when running on treadmill

I watch baking shows while I'm doing cardio and it quick turns into "how much cardio do I have to do to bake and eat this cake/cookie/whatever delicious thing I want to bake now!"

I had to switch to Bones to stop the urge to bake all the things!
  • heatherheyns
    heatherheyns Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My gym has a cardio cinema. Nothing better than watching movies while on the treadmill. It passes the time if you're just getting steps in, though I do find I don't push myself as hard
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bac609 wrote: »
    I pick a series, currently it's House, and only allow myself to watch an episode while I'm on the treadmill or elliptical.

I've done this too. It's really motivating!