Which Asics shoes are best for neutral to little pronation?

Options

Replies

• SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wear gel nimbus, great cushioning but still nice support. Like walking or jogging on clouds.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Gel Nimbus is a high cushion neutral shoe. Gel Cumulus is a standard cushion neutral shoe. For a little bit of support, the Gel Kayano is a good option...mid-range support, very high cushion.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The ones that fit you the best. Why are you limiting yourself to one brand? Go to your local running store and get fitted for shoes. I find Asics to be terribly uncomfortable.
  • BecomeBetterThanMyYesterMe
    Options
    The ones that fit you the best. Why are you limiting yourself to one brand? Go to your local running store and get fitted for shoes. I find Asics to be terribly uncomfortable.

I am not limiting myself to one brand. I can't seem to find a good fitting store here in Abu Dhabi. :( Nike suggested a good Lunarglide 7 shoe. But, I found it's not cushioned enough. I have a slight knee pain & ankle pain. But, I found running in Asics gel series good. They got me fitted too. Let's see if this shoe works for me. Asics Gel Kayano-22! Feels alright until now.

Options
    Thanks everyone for replying. Got the Asics gel kayano 22. So far, good. :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's odd. I own several pairs of Nimbus shoes - love them for high impact fitness classes with lots of jumping and such. When I went to have my gait analyzed for running, she said the Nimbus was neutral, which I was some sort of pronator, and a Kayano was better. I bought the Kayano and everything. Either I got snowed, or you may have bought a pair of shoes that's not neutral?
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    That's odd. I own several pairs of Nimbus shoes - love them for high impact fitness classes with lots of jumping and such. When I went to have my gait analyzed for running, she said the Nimbus was neutral, which I was some sort of pronator, and a Kayano was better. I bought the Kayano and everything. Either I got snowed, or you may have bought a pair of shoes that's not neutral?

What did you feel about the Kayano? I tried on the Nimbus 18 which they recommended for me, ran & loved the cushioning. But, do Kayano give more stability? I felt that. I could be wrong too.

Options
    Yeah, Kayano is for overpronators. & I seem to have a moderate arch with slight pronation on the forefoot. When they analyses my gait & feet, I was told that I have neutral feet. But looking into my old shoes, the inner area of the forefoot seem to have worn out easily. Is it possible to have a moderate arch with slight pronation? Or is the issue something else? Sigh!
    Options
    This is what I understood.
    Nimbus - supinator or neutral
    Kayano - overpronator or neutral
    Hope that's right.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Hope that's right.

Sweet! It seems like you like these comfortable shoes. I hope they work out great. And don't worry, I'm no shoe expert! Just sharing the results of a 20 minute conversation / sales interaction
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Hope that's right.

Sweet! It seems like you like these comfortable shoes. I hope they work out great. And don't worry, I'm no shoe expert! Just sharing the results of a 20 minute conversation / sales interaction

No, she did suggest the nimbus. But, my long history of shoes, the insides of the forefoot wear out easily & I'll be mostly walking a bit tilted to the insides. & I'm moderate arched. That's what is confusing me. Let me try this for today. The store did offer an exchange with Nimbus 18 if I'm not comfortable in Kayano.

Options
    I hope I get the right shoe this time. The pain in my feet is interfering with my workout. :(
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Your arch doesn't really affect whether you need stability or not. You can be flat footed and neutral.

If you are still experiencing pain and you haven't tried an insert like Superfeet, I would suggest looking into that in addition to your Kayano. There is no shape to the inside of your shoe (remove the sock liner and it is flat).

And Kayano is not neutral...it is mid-range stability. Not super aggressive. But at the end of the day, the right shoe is the one that feels the best to you.
    Options
    Your arch doesn't really affect whether you need stability or not. You can be flat footed and neutral.

If you are still experiencing pain and you haven't tried an insert like Superfeet, I would suggest looking into that in addition to your Kayano. There is no shape to the inside of your shoe (remove the sock liner and it is flat).

And Kayano is not neutral...it is mid-range stability. Not super aggressive. But at the end of the day, the right shoe is the one that feels the best to you.

Hi, Thanks for replying. The lady at the store analysed my gait & feet. She was of the conclusion I have neutral feet. I was fitted with a Nimbus 18. I found it very cushioned & comfortable.
    I just finished running in my Kayano & yeah there is a slight pain at the arch. So, again that's the wrong shoe. Sticking with the Neutral Nimbus-18!
    Options
    & like you mentioned if I m still uncomfortable, I rather consider inserts for my shoe. I hope it works with Nimbus.
    From what I understood from my previous shoes, is it possible for a person to have a neutral feet with medium arch, but the forefoot alone rolls inside?