Binge Eating

Options
2»

Replies

• no_day_but_2day
    no_day_but_2day Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've come to find that the reason for binge eating is that you feel deprived in your current diet. I've had moments where I've eaten just everything in site for some reason or another but it usually boils down to that I am feeling deprived of that food on my diet. It's still a struggle but I listened to this podcast recently where the guy mentions if you feel you are being deprived on your diet, than it is not going to be a sustainable way of living and no matter how much weight you will lose, you are going to put it back on after you stop dieting. I'm not sure of the "crap" you ate but if you ate it because you can't eat it normally, than I suggest just stopping your diet right now because eventually, you're going to gain most of that weight back. My weakness is my air popped popcorn because I'm on a low carb WOE. A month ago, I would binge on the popcorn because I thought I can't eat this normally so I'm going to eat as much as I can to make me sick. Now, if I want some, I just make sure it fits in my macros/calories. I still restrict it to once a week but that's just because I don't need it every day of the week like I used to.
  • SierraND89
    SierraND89 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! This is all helpful!!
  • LeoZandi
    LeoZandi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Binge eating is terrible! Feel for you man
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Since it's stress that's causing you to binge eat these last few days I'd suggest addressing the source of your stress to begin with. Dealing with the symptom (binge eating) will help but, it won't resolve the cause. I've found that taking up a hobby like crocheting has helped as I don't want to soil my project with food stains and it keeps me busy. If that's not appealing perhaps try meditation, yoga, or boxing (on the other end of the scale). I do find boxing very therapeutic for releasing frustration and stress.
    Best of luck with it all.