Keto/NoCarb Breakfast

Options
OK, so many eggs!!! any good suggestions for a good keto breakfast. I'm not against eggs, but some other simple suggestions, or some ways to jazz up them eggs would be helpful! Thanks all, and if you are doing keto I'm trying it and looking for some people more informed on the diet.

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for quesadilla quiche when I did low carb which uses eggs.

8 ounces shredded cheese (I use Colby/Monterey Jack)
    1/2 cup Rotel tomatoes/green chiles
    6 eggs
    1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
    1/2 tsp salt

Combine cheese and Rotel tomatoes in a greased 9 1/2-10 inch pie plate. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and heavy cream. Pour into pie plate and mix everything enough to combine. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until center is set. Let stand ten minutes before serving.

And if you're a numbers person like I am:

Servings 8 (1/8 of pie)
    Calories 230
    Fat 19g
    Protein 13g
    Carbs 3g
    Sodium 225mg

It's really freaking good with some taco sauce spread over it. :smiley:
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a fully keto diet for a bit over two months now and loving it. Here's a great site for some ideas. Also, any questions, feel free to ask.

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/category/Recipes
  • BeardedYoung
    BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sounds fantastic!!!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Thanks for the blog site!
  • jmarie1025
    jmarie1025 Posts: 114 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There's lots of great websites to get recipes. Some of my favorites are: genaw.com, I breathe I'm hungry, peace love and low carb, all day I dream about food.
    As for breakfast, who says it has to be breakfast food? I often eat leftovers. Today was steak and eggs. Yesterday was pulled pork and some cheese. My husband has an omlette every morning. Three eggs, 2 oz breakfast sausage, sautéed onion and mushroom and 1 oz cheddar cheese. I make them ahead for the work week so they're easy to grab and go.
    Have you tried cream cheese pancakes? They're good an easy to make.
    Have you joined the low carb group? Lots of great info and helpful people there!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I love scrambled eggs and cream. Dippy eggs with streaky bacon (crispy) soldiers and my fave is 4 egg omelette with 50g cheddar jalapeño and pepperoni. Yum
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    All great suggestions, thanks!
  • KoriBeckner
    KoriBeckner Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I take a couple hard boiled eggs and mash half an avocado into the egg yolks. This makes a fast and yummy develed eggs.
  • bekgirl5
    bekgirl5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Are you on reddit? There's some groups on there dedicated to keto that really helped me get a grasp on the diet. I've been doing it all-out now for about a month, and I'm 14 pounds down - so I'm a believer! There's also some amazing keto websites out there that really inspire me to get cooking. www.ibreatheimhungry.com is one of my favorites - tons of amazing food ideas. Lots of suggestions for stuff other than eggs :smile:
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs.
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I love leftovers for breakfast... why not. Curries, chilli, bolognese, meatloaf the list is endless if you make enough the night before. What I do love to do with eggs is make my own scotch eggs... full of protein and fat and they keep in the fridge for days. Batch make them and grab a couple for breakfast or as a snack!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    I have a really good recipe for quesadilla quiche when I did low carb which uses eggs. It's really freaking good with some taco sauce spread over it. :smiley:

I made it! So easy and very delicious! Thanks!

• BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Just another thought as I ate them today... have you tried oopsies??
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Don't look at me. I basically load half my daily carb allotment into my breakfast smoothie (11% yogurt, berries, spinach, almond butter). On the weekend eggs, eggs, and more eggs. And bacon.
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Just another thought as I ate them today... have you tried oopsies??

No, is that the bread like stuff?
  • BelleCakes2018
    Options
    Yeah! Was a bit unsure of them at first but tried them and really liked them.. I have had 3 today. It's just something else to do with eggs but it makes them a bit more substantial... one can only take so much fried stuff!
    You can top them with other things like cream and vanilla to use them as sweet treats too.
    I really enjoyed my bacon on oopsie bread this morning, rather than a fried egg on the side. You can make em in advance and keep them for a couple of days too.