smoking

Options
Ok please don't respond with "quit smoking" I already am planning on it.But after i smoke like 2 or 3 cigarette's i feel really sick.Like i get dizzy, sweaty,light headed. Anyone know why?

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    lack of oxygen to your brain?
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    pregnant?
  • SummerLuvR
    SummerLuvR Posts: 90
    Options
    how many cigs do you usually smoke?
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Have you been trying to quit and cutting back recently?
  • justsummie
    justsummie Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me when I was doing a super low carb diet or it was freezing outside and I would try to rush it. If you switched brands lately or have been trying to wean yourself off it could just be that you are taking in too much at once.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Maybe blood pressure,it can raise your blood p[ressure if you are smoking close together,or you could be getting the begining of a respitory infection.That usally how they start with me.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I don't smoke, but I know quite a few people who do and they have mentioned that when they are sick (like with the flu or a cold) that smoking makes them feel even worse. How often do you smoke? Are you smoking 2 or 3 in a row and then feeling sick, or is it 2 or 3 a day that makes you feel awful? Also, have you tried to quit, but are back to smoking again? That made them feel terrible for awhile as well.
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    The same thing used to happen to me when I smoked. I found out from my dr. that some people are allergic to nicotine but they don't know it. It's not majorly serious, just your body's way of telling you that it doesn't like the ciggies. I would feel dizzy and light headed for about 30 min - an hour after each cigarette. I did finally quit 2 weeks ago and have felt much better. If you have environmental allergies (like me) than you are more likely to feel like this when you smoke as well.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    2-3 in a row and i usually smoke maybe one or two cigarette's a day lol so i don't smoke alot
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    if i smoke one right after the next i get that way. idk what it is maybe nicotine overload.