Exercise calories

Options
So my calorie goal is 1200, I have eaten 957 and have 500 something in exercise calories. Which makes my "available calories" higher. Am I supposed to eat those extra calories, or ignore them and only go to my original 1200?

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    kkaterc wrote: »
    So my calorie goal is 1200, I have eaten 957 and have 500 something in exercise calories. Which makes my "available calories" higher. Am I supposed to eat those extra calories, or ignore them and only go to my original 1200?

If you are hungry eat them back, if not don't. It is typically a good idea to stay above 1200 net calories for the day. Just be careful when judging exercise calories as they are often very over stated. The rule of thumb is eat half of them back as they are overstated by two times.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    With such a tiny calorie goal I highly encourage eating back exercise calories. Or at least a portion of them.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,133 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to eat them, that is how Myfitnesspal works.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You can eat them back, but be careful because machines/devices can overestimate how many calories you actually burned. Many people only eat back about half of the calories that the machine/device says they burned, just to be on the safe side. Or else you could end up eating 200+ calories higher than you thought every day.