Tracking calories for a week (opposed to daily)

Options
Mca71
Mca71 Posts: 1 Member
If for the week you are consistently creating a deficit with your calories, which includes exercise calories, but let's say there are a couple of days when you go over maybe even way over, can you still lose weight? For example along with my exercise calories for this week I am over, but there were a couple of days within the week when I had a negative number at the end of the day. Can I still expect to lose weight? I hope I'm making sense!

Replies

• ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    There are Ppl who hobby weekly deficits and seem to do just fine.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes. That makes perfect sense. Weekly works :)
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I think so, or at least I hope so. It's that continum thinking that let's me be OK with an "off" day as 1 day doesn't break the bank.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I total my calories for the week (12,950 + exercise) and i add my calories together at the end of each day. Some over, some under. If i come in under my total, I lose. Keep in mind that it's not linear. I lose consistently for a few week, don't budge for a few weeks, and sometimes i have a bigger than expected loss.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I track weekly too. Helps so very much. In the app, I can look at the weekly nutrition which tells me how many calories I have left for the week. Love it.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Of course. I eat at maintenance for a day, sometimes two days. Sometimes one day at a surplus. There is no way I'm going to make it through a Saturday in a deficit. I eat lighter during the week to account for it.
  • DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Any deficit will work; daily, weekly, monthly, etc., as long as you end up eating less calories than you burn overall. It's just easier to keep track of your calories on a daily basis than it is on a weekly or longer basis.