No clue

Options
Hi , I'm Serenna. I'm 5'5 weighing at 205lbs.
My big goal is to be 135lbs. But my goal for now is to at least a 160lbs.
I started my diet yesterday and it seems to be going ok. I go to school plus take care of a 3 month old baby. I just need motivation. And support . and advice on what healthy diets are easy to follow and what exercise routines do young mommies have?

Replies

• DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The hard part about starting a diet is being hungry more often than you're used to. It's easier to follow diets that are lower in carbs, since carbs will make you hungrier faster. Foods that are higher in protein and fats instead of carbs will satiate you longer so you'll be less hungry throughout the day. Also, sugary drinks (or even diet drinks with sweeteners) can make you hungier, too. Cutting those out will help you feel less hungry. It helps to just not keep carby snacks in the house at all, that way you won't even be tempted to eat them, because many people will still want to eat them even if they aren't hungry, just because they taste good. A long-term diet is just resetting your food habits to better ones in general, which will have an adjustment period that won't be fun for a couple weeks.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The number 1 thing you need to do is watch your calories. If you're breast feeding take that into account when you're doing the deficient, you will need more. Make sure to read all your labels properly and measure out food. I've done very well using standard measuring cups, but a lot of people recommend you buy a food scale.

As far as working out, i would start off slowly. Add in walks daily for 30 minutes. Maybe add in some resistance/strength training a couple times a week. Don't overwhelm yourself, start off slowly and work your way up.