Running shoes

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on zero drop running shoes? I am mostly considering Merrell Bare Access 4 and Altra Superior 2.0
Any input would be helpful. I have been practicing running mid/forefoot in regular running shoes, don't worry. It is pretty awkward though.

Replies

• Poe_Is_Chris
    Poe_Is_Chris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I can attempt to help with my little bit of knowledge. I have been slowly conditioning my feet for barefoot running for a couple of years now. My favorite shoe so far for this is, Feiyue martial arts shoe. I pick mine up from Amazon.

Amazing shoe for around $20. It is very flexible and fits my feet well (I have wide feet :disappointed:) However due to the nature of my training I tend to burn through the treading on them very very fast (1-3 months). If you are not doing various "scuffing" type motions as you would find in Parkour training it should last a bit longer.

The closest thing to road feeling I can compare these to are the various minimalist "toe" shoes made for this kind of thing. It's almost like wearing a slightly padded rubber sock.

I'm very glad that you are practicing the proper technique! Good luck, have fun, and I hope this helped.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i generally go to the local running store. i get a free gait analysis and that way i get the best shoe for my feet
  • tjsloff
    tjsloff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks poeparkour I'll check them out. Moyer, indont really have a local running store. Just a few sporting goods store, and i don't think they are super knowledgeable about gait and stuff.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    What are you running in now?

Given your other thread on the topic I'd still veer towards a maximal zero drop
  • tjsloff
    tjsloff Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have been using under amour grit off-road shoe. I'm definitely thinking not going for minimal, but I don't want a maximal shoe, like the hoka's. The bare access has more cushion than the trail glove. The Altra Superior's seem good too. The Lone Peak seems good too, but is heavier and pretty thick. Thanks for the reply by the way.