Recently pregnant

Options
YumiBaby3
YumiBaby3 Posts: 5 Member
Just had a baby a week ago (April 5th) and ive been feeling self conscious. I've noticed I eat more junk than when I was pregnant and before. I was very very fit and active before I got pregnant and i feel that's the only way I can look at myself in the mirror again. Any advice or just a talk about this would be nice.

Replies

• Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    <3 Go easy on yourself, mama!

You are not the value of your body fat. You are clearly not unhealthy in any serious way. You are young, and you will do just fine. Give yourself a month or so, and do what is right for your mind, body, and baby. What a cutie!
  • YumiBaby3
    Options
    Thank you so much!! :)
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Give it time! Our bodies are not meant to bounce back instantly like celeb mama's. I'm still working on my baby fat...and my baby is 8!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's been a week....
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Go easy on yourself. Everything in your body is going haywire right now including your mental state. I don't mean that offensively, but lack of sleep plus a complete hormone shift can really eff up your state of being. Just enjoy your baby and rest. New mommies need just as much love as new babies.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on that precious little angel. Like everyone said above, give yourself time, enjoy your baby. Oh and I recommend sleep whenever you can get it. :)
  • YumiBaby3
    Options
    The reason I'm so 'jump into mode' is because I'm in the army. We only have so many days to recover and I don't want to look week in front of these army men since us females in the army always get looked down upon anyways.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    YumiBaby3 wrote: »
    The reason I'm so 'jump into mode' is because I'm in the army. We only have so many days to recover and I don't want to look week in front of these army men since us females in the army always get looked down upon anyways.

Maybe suggest they try birthing a baby and see how they do. You'll get there. Took me 5 years. Don't rush it enjoy your precious baby. Congrats!!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hun, it's only been a week, you just popped a human out of you!!!!

You NEED to go easy on yourself!!!

Give yourself some time to adjust. Then, you know what to do to get back on track

Hugs from another mom