Hey!....wondering if there are any JW's out there?

Options
Hey my fellow fitness pals...i was wondering if there are any Jehovah's Witnesses out there?...

Replies

• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hey my fellow fitness pals...i was wondering if there are any Jehovah's Witnesses out there?...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you mean no offense, but these message boards are supposed to remain politics and religion-free.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Aw, come on-- there's no harm in seeking out those of like minds, she's not proselytizing-- just asking. No harm, no foul.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    :huh:
    Hm.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just my two cents-- that's all. :smile:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I'm sure you mean no offense, but these message boards are supposed to remain politics and religion-free.

Where in the rules does it state this?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Mike has asked, not sure if it's written officially anywhere, that we keep controversy off the boards-- religion, politics, et cetera. I had a political ticker and he asked that I remove it-- that sort of stuff. So, he doesn't like us to engage in political and/or religious topics here, believing that is for other forums.

In this case, though, my personal opinion is that to try to hook up with other JWs isn't any different than another thread I saw today, "Hey, anyone from Georgia?"

But, again-- just my opinion--

nite-nite.
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks Marla. I have been looking for the rule. The rules in the welcome section end at 12 and the ones in the general weight loss section end at 13. When I joined I read the welcome rules only so I never saw rule 13.

Maybe someone someone can update the welcome section rules so they are the same, I was confused.

Thanks

Sul
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this website is about fitness. I'm sure there are sites designed for the purpose stated.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yeah, that's where I was reading-- in that one, there is no mention of it that I could find.

Lucky, I think that's the link you posted, too-- I followed it and couldn't find any mention of it, but still I know Mike has made it a point to request it.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    fixed the link-
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this website is about fitness. I'm sure there are sites designed for the purpose stated.

No, I know you're not-- and if she started pushing JW on a thread that would be something, but to say, "Anybody out there?" I don't think violates anything. I've found a bunch of ladies here who share my spiritual beliefs here, and it helps along this fitness journey. There would be no harm in Blah or anyone else doing the same, again, as long as it doesn't violate the requests of Mike that religious topics not be discussed.
  • Marla64
    Options
    fixed the link-

Yep, thanks-- that's the right one. Couldn't find it!

I guess officially this is a "religious topic," but, again, if she's just trying to connect-- blah, blah, blah-- ya know what I'm sayin'.

All done-- nite Lucky!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options

hi

if thats the case.. then why is it ok to have religious topic such as prayer request and all those things ??
    i have seen MULTIPLE religious thread or comments...
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I'm asking so I can also communicate with my spiritual brothers and sisters...I don't want to talk about religious topics on the site but I'm simply trying to locate those who are of my faith so that we can help encourage one another as well...I didn't see the harm in asking the question, sorry if I offended anyone and I didn't know any other way to ask the question....
    If Mike sees harm in asking this question then I have no problem with him removing the topic...:flowerforyou:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't see any harm in it...it's nice to find people to connect with. Sometimes I feel like my fitness journey is just as personal as religion.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

hi

if thats the case.. then why is it ok to have religious topic such as prayer request and all those things ??
    i have seen MULTIPLE religious thread or comments...

Good point. But I don't find it offensive and I don't believe in a higher power. I think its harmless, 'prayer request' is just part of American vocabulary. Its the same thing as asking to be wished good luck, at least to me. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm asking so I can also communicate with my spiritual brothers and sisters...I don't want to talk about religious topics on the site but I'm simply trying to locate those who are of my faith so that we can help encourage one another as well...I didn't see the harm in asking the question, sorry if I offended anyone and I didn't know any other way to ask the question....
    If Mike sees harm in asking this question then I have no problem with him removing the topic...:flowerforyou:
    :wink: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I don't see any harm in it...it's nice to find people to connect with. Sometimes I feel like my fitness journey is just as personal as religion.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: