New to MFP with 70lb to lose

Options
kwrightenough
kwrightenough Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Looking for other people with lots of weight to lose or excessive tips and success stories and motivation.

Replies

• aboutthatfitlife01
    aboutthatfitlife01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi~ I've got about 120+ pounds to lose. I just got (re)started this week so I'm happy to be a support buddy! Others can add/friend too! :)
  • kwrightenough
    kwrightenough Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya. It's daunting having a lot to lose isn't it. I'd love a support buddy
  • JohnCrook1028
    JohnCrook1028 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I' ve got 65 more to lose myself. Slow an easy is how I plan on doing it. Nothing crazy that I won't be able to maintain. Joined here just recently and down 10 lbs now.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hey I've still got 73lbs to go. I've lost 21 already!!!! You can do this. Make some friends that are active and love to update and it will give you a boost and keep you going in order to see that same progress in yourself.
    You need to put on your details and stick to the calories set up and exercise will help tone you up while you're losing the excess lbs!!!! All the best on your journey hun xx
  • leeallenshannon
    leeallenshannon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm down 32 lbs since the beginning of the year; 18 more to go from my original goal. i keep telling myself to keep doing the right things, have a positive attitude and try not to be tied to jumping on the scale each day - Work out, eat right, drink lots of water and get on the scale once or twice a week on the same day/time if possible...I feel so much better already and it's great to have my wardrobe fitting me better!! Best of luck on your journey.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 100 lbs and still have a bit to go. It's been hard, but this community helps me. Add me and if you need support.
  • Erin1082
    Erin1082 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm down 55 pounds since January. 45 more to meet my current goal of 100. I have much more to lose after that. Im not dieting, I have changed for life. I am all in. I'm not looking to go back. I follow Bob Harper's ( from the biggest loser) "skinny rules". I joined a gym and go 5 days a week, doing 1 or 2 classes a day. I am more flexible, stronger and in less pain. My biggest changes in the kitchen is portion control. I use a food scale or measuring cups for everything. I record all my food, the good and the bad. I make the best choices when eating out and my slpurges are thought out and never while I'm alone. In the past I've hidden my attempts to lose weight, probably so I won't show that I failed. I know now I need support, its so much easier this time around! Feel free to add me!
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Erin1082 wrote: »
    I'm down 55 pounds since January. 45 more to meet my current goal of 100. I have much more to lose after that. Im not dieting, I have changed for life. I am all in. I'm not looking to go back. I follow Bob Harper's ( from the biggest loser) "skinny rules". I joined a gym and go 5 days a week, doing 1 or 2 classes a day. I am more flexible, stronger and in less pain. My biggest changes in the kitchen is portion control. I use a food scale or measuring cups for everything. I record all my food, the good and the bad. I make the best choices when eating out and my slpurges are thought out and never while I'm alone. In the past I've hidden my attempts to lose weight, probably so I won't show that I failed. I know now I need support, its so much easier this time around! Feel free to add me!

That is fantastic! Keep it up. I just started on my lifestyle change. I have come to MFP for support and motivation because I too have realized I needed more support. My family gets annoyed that I measure and count everything and that I plan all my meals. My husband thinks I have become obsessed but I just know if I do not plan then I fail and make bad choices. This place has been great to me so far