Zuma

Options
I recently bought a Zumba dance game for my wii but it doesn't give me how many calories I have burned after the work-out is finished. Am I just not looking at the right thing or does anyone know how many calories you burm in 30, 60 minutes?

Replies

• sparkie4
    sparkie4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've read that Zumba can burn anywhere from 500 to 800 calories per hour. I'm not sure what this is based on, but this is what the infomercial states.
  • Terri_39
    Terri_39 Posts: 122
    Options
    Hey, I just bought one for the Wii too! I wondered the same thing and bought a cheap HRM on ebay but I don't think it's very accurate. I broke into a sweat just as much as I did on an elliptical but the HRM said I only burned 135 calories, and on the elliptical for the same amount of time I burn about 250 (the elliptical tracks calories burned). So I'd like to know too :happy:
  • EllieHall
    EllieHall Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM during my gym Zumba class and I burn about 800 to 850 calories in a 60 minute class. My class is a very high impact. I have a let a few others wear the monitor during class and everyone, no matter what their size is has about the same burn.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    The wii game is good, but no where near the high enegry as the classes
    on the wii for 1 hour i burn about 288 calories in class 700 to 800 according
    to my HRM.