How often do you weigh in?

Options

Replies

• bigblueeyes1
    bigblueeyes1 Posts: 52 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I weigh twice a week, but only record the weight once a week. I use to record on Mondays, but realized that wasn't the best thing for me since it was right after the weekend and I normally do not do well with eating. So I now weigh myself on Wednesdays. My weight loss has been EXTREMLY slow. Only losing 4.2 lbs in 5 weeks, but I'm okay with that...for now. I know it's how I'm eating that is making it go slow. And to be honest, I really do not want to lose more than a 1lb to 1.5lbs a week.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Shana67 wrote: »
    emzy42014 wrote: »
    Every morning? Why. Once a week for me and I dread it! Also find I loose or gain inches too

Every single morning here, but I only record it on Saturday mornings. And, because I find that it is motivating AND it keeps me on track.

I think I'm going to check mine every morning too just to see where I stand before my official weigh ins.
  • drpsamin
    drpsamin Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Once a week usually..
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well, I have a dilemma now because I recently got a new bluetooth scale that records my weight, fat percentage, muscle and so on and that's new to me to see all that. Since it does that, I'm going to be recording myself daily being that sometimes I give in to some cravings so I need to monitor that and stay in check, and keep my official recorded weigh ins on Thursday mornings. I weigh myself Thursday mornings after using the restroom and without any clothes.
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but record on Friday's.
  • RodneyCornelius
    RodneyCornelius Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every single day as well. And I have a Fitbit Aria so it automatically gets transmitted to MFP.

I prefer weighing every day for the reasons already mentioned here (numbers geek, correlating calories/nutrition/exercise with outcomes).

But I think it takes some willpower not to get carried away with what the scale might say everyday. I do notice that if I haven't moved down in a few days that I will re-review what I have been eating and my exercise routine. So I use it as a data point and not as the definition of success.
  • hgriffeth
    hgriffeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Once per week on Wednesday morning after cardio and before breakfast. I have a biometric scale that I really like. The readings may not be completely accurate but I figure as long as I am using the same instrument at the same time of day each week the stats are useful in planning and motivation.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    7mk8rdm47dfg.jpg
    Weigh every day and keep a 7 day running average to smooth out the bumps. In my opinion once a week leaves room for that day to be an peak or valley day. Weight daily really bounces around. I just keep mine in an excel spreadsheet with graphs. The recent spike was taking 7 days off of counting calories and the gym for a great trip and eating and drinking, just enjoying life. Came back and have dropped 8 pounds in 2 days. You can see the 7 day average shows the trend over time.
  • ThunderZtorm
    ThunderZtorm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually saturday or sunday routine - I go to toilet, get naked on the wii board and have the wii do the analysis.

I am considering getting a proper scale and weighing myself twice a week though.
  • vissky
    vissky Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every few days, first thing
  • kmarnes
    kmarnes Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Information is power, therefore daily weigh-ins seem to be the best option. Why hide from it? Also choosing to weigh myself first thing in the morning before eating anything as it seems to be the most consistent time to do this.
  • cfritch26
    cfritch26 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every day, but water weight and daily fluctuation would get me really discouraged. So, now I weigh in every Tuesday first thing in the morning.
  • Pascooty
    Pascooty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, after I use the toilet and before I eat anything. I usually log it in on Sundays or Mondays.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    emzy42014 wrote: »
    I'm used to weighing myself every Sunday morning after before breakfast and after showering usually.

How about everyone else?

Hi
    FWIW I weigh every morning wearing the same thing so that will not affect my weight. I then record that weight in a smallish ledger book. The way I look at it the less personal data on me out there on the internet the better, thus the paper record, Plus the paper record can never suffer a data loss from a Virus or hard Drive crash.

looking at the book I can see that my efforts to maintain my weight for a few months before driving to the final weight loss is working. I have been fluctuating around the same weight for two months. I will say that I may be lucky that I do not worry about daily changes as I can up 2 or 3 pounds in two days if I eat Chinese take Out for example, then over the next few days it drops off. Recording weight every day is how I worked that out.

If Seeing Your weight fluctuate daily will bother You then do it weekly only You can know how it will affect You.
    BTW I weigh every morning before eating or drinking anything as A persons weight will change throughout the day.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It varies. I used to weigh in only on Friday's. Then I started weighing three to four times a week but only counting the Friday weigh in. Now I weigh three to four times a week and record the lowest.
  • Densans
    Densans Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    every to every other day with a 10 day moving average since my weight can fluctuate up to 1-2kg from a low day to a medium/high day
  • jammer1963
    jammer1963 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Every morning before I shower. I don't care how small the loss is, I still want to see it.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I just recently heard of trendweight.com and so far it's been the thing that most helps me have a healthy relationship with my scale. I record my morning weight every day and the app calculates a trend. So when, for example, I suddenly gained 7 pounds one day, it still reported that I was loosing at a rate of 1.3 lb per week and reported that my weight had increased by less than a pound.

Before that, I weighed in rarely, and so if I caught myself on a heavy day, I'd get really bummed.

bph3zos25iec.png

I have the Happy Scale app on my phone and it's the same thing. I log in my weight and it keeps a record of it so I can look back at the trend for the days passed. I love it!
  • MeganSchuyler16
    MeganSchuyler16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Thursdays... For a while I was doing it daily just because I was curious how my weight fluctuated... Back to once a week now though