Spinning Classes

Options
What are your views,opinions and experiences of spinning?
also how has it helped you?

Replies

• JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I joined a class in the beginning of my journey....I wasn't all that crazy about it. Probably because I was so out of shape. I should go back and try again. I really did gain strength in my legs. And it was a good way of teaching myself to "push through it." ;)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    When I was doing them I burned a ton of calories (1100-1200/hr) and built up my cardio endurance. I would recommend them. I dont go to that gym anymore, but I miss them, I was thinking of buying a spin bike.
  • carlydonathan
    carlydonathan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! It's a great crosstrainer, and it burns a lot of calories. If you get the right instructor the time flies and you feel great afterwards. It helped me strengthen my legs for when I go running and it definitely helps tone as well. I just bought a pair of indoor cycling shoes and I can't wait to try them out.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    It's hard! I took a spinning/yoga combo class and was struggling through the spinning--and this is after I had finished a marathon! I think my system was still rebounding from the marathon, and I was having some knee pain, but it was definitely a kick butt workout! I hated that I kind of let the toughness get to me, and I plan on going back at some point, but I'm back in marathon mode so it might be winter before I try again.
  • drogheda1
    drogheda1 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thanks for sharing guys.Not been doing it long but i can tell already that this is a great fat burner....another class u gotta try is BODYPUMP...A must try!
  • ageros
    ageros Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried a spinning class once. The instructor was obviously crazy. I died.

Seriously though, that was one of the best cardio work outs I've ever had.
  • scoobysnack1983
    Options
    oh its awesome! i love taking it when they play techno music! our classroom as a disco ball and strobe lights! and we turn the lights out.... its so much fun! :)
  • smardie
    smardie Posts: 27
    Options
    They classes area blast and you really burn the calories. You do not have to go at the levels the instructer yells out, every bike is a little different.
    Start slow and go from there, you will get hooked.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i am a cycling instructor (not a spinning instr, there is a difference) and i highly recommend it!!! it's one of my fav classes to teach! not only do you get a great calorie burn but it gives you a full body workout, depending on your instr. i usually teach with lights out, with disco ball, colored lights n jammin stereo (depending on what gym im teaching at). it's all about the music! i chose my cd's depending on majority of class. i do a lot of "out of seat/saddle" moves which require upper body strenght, i use weights, body bars, bands and whatever we can get our hands on in the gym. i teach using kickboxing moves, abs routines and more all while your feet are moving. the hour goes by soooo fast and there is a puddle of sweat under your bike