Chia Seeds ? endurance ?

Options
Iammelting
Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
Ive read about eating chia seeds or chia gel. Anyone tryed it ? I got some and they are ok Im just not sure if they really do much . I read athletes use then to stay hydrated and to have more endurance. Anyone here use them ?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I eat them every day primarily for the mix of fiber, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids of which they have more that Flax seeds. As for endurance, I have no idea if they improve it. Usually I just mix them in with my breakfast cereal and banana.
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ch...ch...ch....chia!
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I use them everyday as well, but like the previous poster...more so for the protein and omega 3. It seems that when I have them in the morning in my smoothie or on my toast, I am more awake that day. So you might be on to something:)
  • Iammelting
    Iammelting Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    well apparently they were used for endurance as the gel hold fluids and help you not become dehydrated if I understood it correctly.
    Ill have to google it some more. Not that low in calories though. They are said to give energy but I have no noticed that myself yet.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    The calories come from the Omega 3 fats. Even though they are healthy fats, they are still fats with all the calories fats have.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    Options
    i guess that makes some sense because they do hold water but also expand in your stomach they will help fill you up