low fat snacks :)

Options
I'm pretty new at this so please bear with me if there's already a post about this but...

For me the problem is usually not finding snacks with low calories, but rather the fat content that gets me! I was hoping that you guys could post some good low fat snack ideas that you enjoy that are quick and easy to make. thanks so much!! =D

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies!!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Boiled/soaked/or sprouted lentils
    Fruit
    Veggies + low fat hummus
    0% fat greek yogurt
  • clynch08
    clynch08 Posts: 6
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese.
    sliced veggies and hummus
    i see a lot of people on here putting special k crackers for their snacks. i have not tried them but i am going to go buy them tomorrow!
    a yogurt cup
  • dancer720
    dancer720 Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you so much!!
    What are some that are good for right after working out because im usually starving after a workout and i have to eat a lottt of carrots before i get full heheh
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fruit, fat free yogurt, and granola is one of my favorite low fat sweet treats.

Fresh made Salsa or pico de gallo with corn tortilla chips. Both low fat AND gluten free!!
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    love Chobani greek yogurt, the pineapple one is to die for but they have lots of other flavors.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I prefer a protein shake right after working out :) protein makes me feel full and it sticks longer! Good luck on your journey and always ask questions and read the message boards...so much information that is sooo helpful :) we're all right here with ya :)
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Dancer, protein-rich foods are recommended for post-workouts. It helps replenish something or other :) I always have a bag of almonds in my car for that reason. I also like the small 100 cal Cliff Bars.
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tried making Kale chips and they came out pretty yummy. Awesome source of Iron.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    love Chobani greek yogurt, the pineapple one is to die for but they have lots of other flavors.

Mmmnn love chobani yogurt with some craisin cranberries mixed in!
  • DesertMirage
    DesertMirage Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Mmmnn love chobani yogurt with some craisin cranberries mixed in!

Strawberry is my fave but pineapple is a close second. I have a Chobani every morning ^_^
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    a banana is great post-workout, or half a clif bar.
  • dancer720
    dancer720 Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you guys so much! this was so helpful