Need to lose baby belly fat

Options
I am back to my pre preggo weight but my belly is not where it was before! Any tips on how to get rid of the fat that works? Any help would be great! Thanks everyone!

Replies

• mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew how to do that myself! I'll be checking back in though to see if anyone else does!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    How far post partum are you? how much did you gain then lose and over what perioddid you lose it? How big was the baby? How big did your belly get? are there stretch marks? How did you deliver? If it was by c-section what type did you have or closure style atleast?
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Most my weight is right there.. in belly, and sides. :(
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Strength training and eat a cleaner diet. Those are the only things that have helped me.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My baby is 14 years old and I'm still trying to lose my belly fat! :sad: Will check back to see if someone have any ideas.
  • emilymiesel
    emilymiesel Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sucks we can't target one area an lose there. Belly/love handles is basically all in diet! I've lost an inch in just eating better!
  • Rachmac88
    Rachmac88 Posts: 3
    Options
    my baby is 17m old and he was my third. I gained 25 pounds and have just 26 in 6 months. He was 6lbs 9 oz. I have a lot of stretch marks. My belly got really big when I was preggo. And I had a vaginal birth. Hope I got everything heatherbelle_87. I'm thinking I'm just stuck with the baby belly bump :-(
  • Elixandra
    Elixandra Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I can't stand my baby belly eather. So ill be comin back to see if anyones got any info on this one.
  • mamasita38
    mamasita38 Posts: 28
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this, but for some people, surgery might be the only answer. I've had 3 children and I've been able to lose the wight with all of them, but my body has never been the same. Good luck.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    my baby is 17m old and he was my third. I gained 25 pounds and have just 26 in 6 months. He was 6lbs 9 oz. I have a lot of stretch marks. My belly got really big when I was preggo. And I had a vaginal birth. Hope I got everything heatherbelle_87. I'm thinking I'm just stuck with the baby belly bump :-(

Unfortunantly stretch marks are scar tissue and the more you have in that area the less likely it is to fully shrink back, you can use lotions or oils to soften them, laser therapy or surgery is the only way to get rid of them. Skin takes atleast a year to shrink after a pregnancy, if your pregnancies were back to back (immediate to 18ish months apart) the skin got over stretched and can actually take take 2-3 years to shrink as you are fading/softening the stretch marks. Vaginal delivery makes it more likely for your skin to heal completly or atleast better then a c-section delivery. Toning your abs & obliques will definently help (remember your abs and lower back muscles wrap into each other) and a diet low in sodium will prevent/reduce fluid retention in that area (aim for 1000-1500 vs the current 2500 standard that's acceptable) eating more raw fruits and veggies will also keep you regular, and when you aren't regular it can increase/cause belly bloat as well. Some women are genetically stuck with that belly or "pouch" unfortunantly but the diet and toning can atleast reduce the appearance and bloat making it worse.

This is when I love and hate having an OBGYN for an uncle, very helpful when I was pregnant but sometimes having all the facts is hard to swallow too lol.
  • Rachmac88
    Rachmac88 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ugh my kids were pretty much back to back..... And I sure don't have money for surgery! Guess I'm just stuck with the pouch. . Thanks for the info! Just wish there were more I could do.......