Moms or Dads with kids

Options
mrskoopy
mrskoopy Posts: 14 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
My son loves to work out with me in the mornings. This morning, during a "run" of c25k (which I do in my basement for now) my son decided to get me moving faster. Nothing lights a fire in your butt like your 4 year old chasing you saying "I'm gonna get you" and laughing. Anyone else have funny stories of their kids working out with them?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    We get yelled at for "dancing" which is doing Insanity in the living room.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So cute! I used to jog with my daughter in a jogging stroller when she was little. She'd just chill until I started running, and then she'd LAUGH and clap and tell me to go faster!
  • marinagraber
    marinagraber Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My little one likes to exercise with me so we had to find some things he could do so we found some silly videos of youtube named 'indoor recess/go noodle.' They are cute and give us some silly time together.
  • rachaelbell21
    rachaelbell21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My 3 yr old likes to crawl underneath me while I'm doing planks or push-ups, and shoot me with his nerf gun. He thinks it's hilarious
  • Aed0416
    Aed0416 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    So cute! I used to jog with my daughter in a jogging stroller when she was little. She'd just chill until I started running, and then she'd LAUGH and clap and tell me to go faster!

This. And I had a regular route which involved a park path where the asphalt had cracked because of a giant tree root. In the beginning I used to tell her "big bump" before going over it. Later she would yell out "big bump" when she saw it and raise her hands in the air and giggle.

• debmom2boyz
    debmom2boyz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My soon to be 17 yo is going to lift weight with me. Last night, he was correcting on my form (not doing weights, but toning exercises). My 9 yo joined in.

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old likes to use my weights. He knows how to add& remove weight (i help him), and he's learning good form. It's so funny watching this 53 pound kid lifting a 5 pound dumbbell grunting 'i'm gonna be so strong, i'm gonna be batman!'

My 11 year old is a competetive dancer (jazz&hip hop), she's always teaching me her routines. I look like an epeleptic giraffe while attempting all these moves. Last time i got a 'don't you dare dance in front of my friends! How embarassing!'
  • mrskoopy
    mrskoopy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love these!
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My 4 year old likes to watch me workout and encourages me, by saying "you can do it Mommy"
  • wishfullthinking79
    wishfullthinking79 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old and I go walking or jogging. On days he doesnt have football practice I have him doing a few exercises at home with me. nothing much though. I live in a shoe box so there is not much room to do stuff. I cannot wait until he can go to the gym with me. As of now he is asleep when I go.. But on the weekends it does not open until 7 and sometimes my bf has to run errands before he goes to work which means no gym for me. If I had more room I would totally invest in a few kettle bells and other essentials. But as it is now we have to find places to stuff the 3 and 5 pound weights, his ripstik, basketball, football, soccer ball.. Well you get the point.

I think it is really awesome to involve our children with any type of exercise. I think too often or not they are just not being as active as they could be outside of school.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My boys love our family walks. They also enjoy dancing with me and doing the Leslie Sansone walk videos.

If I'm doing planks or pushups I become a jungle gym apparently. Some times they both climb on my back. Other times it's one under me and one on my back. The oldest is 4 and youngest is 23 months. They make it slightly more challenging.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    My 16-year old daughter asks me about my workouts every day, and my 14-year daughter old has seen the impacts they're having on my health and has recently asked to join the local homeschool cross-country team so we can train together. Both of these are relatively inactive, lazy kids, so I'm quite pleased by these changes in attitude.
  • deadlifts_and_lipstick
    Options
    My 3 year old will crawl under me when doing planks, but he'll join in when I'm doing push ups and burpees! He loves doing them, and his form is actually really good! My 2 year old just watches and laughes!! I'm pregnant with out third and my oldest will say, "Be careful for the baby, Mommy!"
    He's so sweet :)
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I started using a workout video when I was at home with my youngest. I had him in his playpen in the living room with me, and he would woohoo along with the the people in the video. To this day when I use that video I think of him going "ah woo!"
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My nearly 12-year-old and I run together. He's itching to be 14 so he can come to the weight room with me.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    When my son (who is 20 now) was little he used to say that we would go "exeter" because he couldn't say exercise. To this day I tell my husband I'm going to exeter (joking of course!!) LOL
  • TeresaGooby
    TeresaGooby Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My 5 year old and 3 year old sons every afternoon tell me they are running out of energy so they need to exercise. The then lead me in different exercises- jumping jacks, push ups, different animals, and the oldest likes to do some yoga moves. It is super cute and awesome that they have such a fun attitude towards exercise. I also have a 1.5 year old that tries to mimic us and it is super cute!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Our oldest daughter has been exercising with me off and on since she was 5. Back when I was running longer distances (10-20kms) she would follow me around the city on her scooter. She's now 10 and has run several 5km races. We have another race this weekend and we are introducing our younger daughter (now 5) to running. She's trying the 100 yard dash, but I'm guessing it won't be much longer before she's running with us. We also bike and backpack together as a family, and both girls lift occasionally with us in our home gym. These are all great ways to spend weekends together.
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    our 5 year old daughter aspires to be a Zumba teacher..lol she loves doing zumba with me in the basement..i love it! i love watching her interpretation of the moves, makes me giggle, which in turn makes the workout that much more fun.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My 11 week old boy becomes my dumbbell when he starts crying before the end of my 30 DS workouts.