Need to lose 35 lbs

Options
I am a stay at home mom and my dr said I needed to lose some weight to help deal with my acid reflux. I'm on a 1200 a day calorie diet it's very hard for me to stick with it but since I started I've lost 5 lbs so that's good for me. I did join a fitness center but I have yet to go

Replies

• Cez_Z
    Cez_Z Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I saw your profile and got a bit curious about your journey, great for your lost 5 lbs but 1200 seems very low intake of calories. I tried it once, and I was constantly hungry/moody... Did someone suggest to go this low or was it your personal decision? Did you take in consideration your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and your calories requirement for the day...
    My trainer gave me a great advice that works for a lot of people regarding fitness centers. I know that being a stay at home mom, you don't get as much time for yourself, but try to go every day for 2 weeks to the fitness center. Do not skip even one day, even if you just walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes, it will get you in a right mindset so that once you're ready to do some more advanced exercises, you will be ready for it.
  • smeagols_mum
    smeagols_mum Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im losing 40 lb i hope and am on 1390 calories a day. That is only to lose 0.5 a week but as long as im losing i will be happy.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    zarzara13 wrote: »
    Hi, I saw your profile and got a bit curious about your journey, great for your lost 5 lbs but 1200 seems very low intake of calories. I tried it once, and I was constantly hungry/moody... Did someone suggest to go this low or was it your personal decision? Did you take in consideration your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) and your calories requirement for the day...
    My trainer gave me a great advice that works for a lot of people regarding fitness centers. I know that being a stay at home mom, you don't get as much time for yourself, but try to go every day for 2 weeks to the fitness center. Do not skip even one day, even if you just walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes, it will get you in a right mindset so that once you're ready to do some more advanced exercises, you will be ready for it.

I was curious also about the 1200 calories a day. Great job on the 5 pound loss!!
  • smeagols_mum
    Options
    If i want to lose 1, 1.5 or 2 lb a week my calories would be 1200 as well :/
  • Cez_Z
    Cez_Z Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If i want to lose 1, 1.5 or 2 lb a week my calories would be 1200 as well :/

This is extremely low calories intake, not recommended in the long run... would you like to give me an example of what you eat during your day and around what time... maybe I could help. Even thou I'm on a weight loss journey myself, I do work in a sports complex and maybe I could help improve your meal plan. (You can private message me if you prefer).
  • smeagols_mum
    Options
    Sent you a friend request thenyou can view my diary. but only been doing it a few days.
    Think the low calorie is due to me being 47 and 5'3
  • hvroman1018
    hvroman1018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My dr actually gave me that calorie intake.. For my height I'm only 5 feet I should weigh 105-110. I weigh 152 right now and I'm considered obese. So I was just trying to follow what she said. It is very hard. Plus I used to only drink pop all day everyday and I pretty much cut that out cold turkey so all I've been drinking for three weeks is water. It frustrates me because everyday the scale says something different and it's a never ending battle. Just need to keep going I guess and to get where I need to be. Thank you all for the suggestions.
  • Shawna622
    Shawna622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cool! I hop you do :)