What is your meal plan ?

Options
Is anyone on a diet , or has found a meal plan that works for them . I am looking for something but I also need it not to be overly time consuming. TIA

Replies

• marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Typically.::
    Tea and sugar, Shredded wheat and 300ml of milk for breakfast

Apple, banana mid morning snack

Ham brown bread sandwich with light butter for lunch

Canned Soup for dinner if i want to have a low calorie dinner

Cous cous with sauteed red pepper and onion with chicken breast or steak

A coffee with 2 tsp of caramal sirup some days
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    coffee

protein bar and string cheese, sometimes dates before spinning class

salad, sandwich, or frozen dinner

coffee again, most days cottage cheese, sometimes chocolate

varies the most..could be something from the lunch list, or something I've cooked for family

most days Greek yogurt and popcorn in the evening, sometimes almonds...depends on how the day added up re:calories and macros
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - tea and sugar, bread, and cheese.
    Lunch - leftovers, or a sandwich + veggies, or cereal + fruit + greek yogurt
    Dinner - protein, starch, and veggies - WEIGH all portions. (Or a soup or casserole containing all of these.)
    Night snack - bread, hummus, string cheese, usually all 3.

All breads are 100% whole wheat with added fiber.
    Protein can be meat, seafood, dairy, or vegetarian options.
    Starches are usually bread or potatoes or rice or pasta.
    Vegetables are usually cooked, occasionally a salad.
    Weigh everything.

This diet plan (eating the amount of calories MFP gives me) works for me.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Meals are protein, fat & fiber.

Breakfast is typically a Greek yogurt parfait (with berries, Fiber One and chopped nuts).

Lunch is a side of veggies, a serving of fruit & an entre - something like a sandwich or soup. I sometimes have a grilled chicken salad (no veggie side), so many variations here.

Mid afternoon - tea and dark chocolate

Dinner is protein, veggies and a starchy side. Something like a pork chop, green beans, and sweet potato.

Night time snack is usually popcorn
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Its changing often, that's my best advice. Be flexible with yourself.

I was staunchly against weight loss shakes, but I now plan to use them 2-3 days per week to make my life easier.

My basic plan starts with exercise, minimum of 3 workouts of 30mins or more per week. I was trying IF fasting by only eating between 12-8pm but that doesn't work for me any longer and I need a mid morning snack. I focus on protein, so hard boiled eggs or yogurt. Lunch is either a lean cuisine with chicken or one of my shakes (I hope to beef them up with other nutrients, yesterday it wasn't quite enough), and I have whichever snack I didn't eat already around 4 or 5. I mostly leave dinner open. I have lots of calories left for it because it's my favorite meal of the day and it's a nice time with my partner (woo, now my husband!)

I still have a lot to lose so I'm not super accurate yet, just building skills and working on portion control in general. As I get lower and closer to goal I will have to get back to weighing everything.
  • ryansmicah
    ryansmicah Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses I appreciate it :)
  • Georgesear
    Georgesear Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    On a new weight loss journey. Have successfully lost weight before with programs such as Weight Watchers and Medical Weight Loss, but have not been successful at maintaining weight loss. For years I was convinced that I couldn't lose weight on my own. Recently I've changed to thinking that I might be more successful at keeping weight off if I lose it on my own, without a program because it will have to be a lifestyle change more than a diet. Also, I will have to think for myself and make good choices for the rest of my life, not just for as long as I attend meetings. Anyone else out there have similar experiences?
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    My meal plan is to stay within my calories and attempt to hit my protein daily. Other than that, I weigh my food and eat whatever I feel like.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    IIFYM with different allowances on different days. I go HAM on pancakes, waffles, omlettes, burgers, pizza when I break my fasts. These meals are usually about 1200 calories and allow me to be a pig 3x a week while losing weight.

Sun: 1800 cals and rest
    Mon: 1600 cals, rest and start fast at 4
    Tue: 2000 cals, workout, break fast after AM workout
    Wed: 1600 cals, cardio, start fast at 4
    Thu: 2000 cals, workout, break fast after AM workout
    Fri: 2000 cals, cardio, start fast at 8
    Sat; 2000 cals, workout, break fast after workout at noon.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, if you don't mean "what a person eat" is their diet. I put together my own meal plan myself and it works wonderfully. I eat food I like in proper amounts. Four meals per day. Ordinary food. Real food. Food from all food groups. Almost any food I can get hold of. Nothing is off limit, but I don't eat food I don't like. I cook, but nothing extensive.
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I follow (or try to) the 50/20/30 macro levels that MFP sets. I also eat low sodium. I eat largely vegetarian, partly because it is easier to stay within my goals and partly because I just like the food. Home cooked food mostly.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    No particular meal plan, here.

I try to eat under my maintenance calories (usually shoot for .5-1 lb per week, so 250-500 calorie deficit per day). I try to eat lots of veggies, some fruits, and get around 100 g of protein per day.

Other than that - anything is fair game.