Fiber supplements for appetite control

Options
I've been noticing that Metamucil and Benefiber are being marketed as products that can help with weight loss efforts.

I actually use Metamucil for its intended purpose sometimes, but was wondering if they were used by anyone for the weight loss aspect.

Replies

• mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I would throw a serving of fiber supplement into my water bottle, and it did seem to work to suppress my appetite. Nowadays it's more likely for me to EAT something with a lot of fiber, like Quaker oats & cacao nibs at breakfast, or a Fiber One bar as a snack.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like high fiber smoothies that include chia and flax seeds for breakfast.

i7mdrycxo6vo.png
  • karmelpopcorn
    karmelpopcorn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I eat a very high fiber diet myself, but I'm in my 40s, and am going through some hormonal changes that contribute to intestinal problems. I need Metamucil sometimes!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I drink Benefiber every night after dinner. My dr told me it would lower my cholesterol levels. Between diet, exercise and Benefiber, I am off all meds.
  • Kay_Fancy
    Kay_Fancy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    psyllium husks are an easy way to get fiber if you need a supplement. You can find that almost anywhere. Otherwise you can eat things like chia seeds as mentioned above which are AMAZING for fiber/omegas/passing liver salts. Can't really say enough good things about them.