12:52am and I am STARVING.

Options
It's 12:52am and I am starving.

I was under my calorie intake today, and by more than 800 calories in my 1200 calorie diet. This was not necessarily on purpose. There simply wasn't anything to eat during the day (I had all three meals at work- I work for my parents). Then we went to the gym, thus making the 500+ deficit into an 800+ one.

It was near midnight when I got home. I am extremely hungry and I'd log the food as yesterday's since it's before I go to bed, but there's nothing to eat. Well, correction: there's crapload to eat, but they are all fatty unhealthy food! My brother just finished a cup ramen at this hour and suggested I cook SPAM for us. SPAM.

Not being the grocery shopper of the family sure does suck. I want to eat something hearty (please, no more granola bars) but eating right before bed is horrible, right?

Replies

• kimmisatch
    kimmisatch Posts: 105
    Options
    Heheheh spam ugh.
    Do you have something you could drink? Hot or cold. I find that sometimes helps?
  • mars_bar
    mars_bar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Be careful! Since you are under you caloric intake it wouldn't hurt to eat a meal. The thing to remember is at the end of the day it is the # of calories you intake that determine your weight. That being said, I am not a health expert, but from what i've noticed, whenever I eat at night ( from latenight study sessions) , the scale reads something ridiculous the next morning. If you find yourself having midnight cravings , i find it really helps to have fruits in the home. Apples or bananas especially! Banana's help regulate bowel movements lol And empty bowels mean less weight
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Personally, i would eat something that fills your nutritional needs lacking from the "fatty unhealthy food" you ate today. So if you're hungry and you need to get in some fibre, eat some fruit or veggies. I always close to bed time but... for me, if I have a "cut off time" then I'll be rumbling and grumbling up until bed time and I won't be able to stop thinking about food.
  • helloclaire
    helloclaire Posts: 191
    Options
    I didn't eat much fatty unhealthy food...what I was trying to say was that all we had in the house for me to eat at night was fatty unhealthy food. So I was left between going to bed hungry and eating that unhealthy food.

I just went to bed hungry...gotta stock up more on healthy food!