Me

Options
Hi! My name is Grace. I'm 20 and a professional ballet dancer. You are probably wondering why a professional ballet dancer would be using an app like this. You are thinking that as a professional athlete that exercises hours every day, I should be able to eat whatever I want. Right? Wrong. I suffer from BED(Binge Eating Disorder). Yes, it's a real problem just like anerexia. Being a dancer is extremely stressful not only on your body but also your mental health. I am constantly being judged and compared by my physique just like a model. I am here to keep myself accountable and take steps forward to being a healthy, happier me. Wish me luck as I start this journey! :)

Replies

• RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Been there myself. I'm a ballet/tap/jazz/contemp dancers. My daughter and I have both struggled with Eating disorders. I binge eat, myself, from time to time and my daughter (also a dancer) has anorexia. Good luck! I'm going to add you, if you don't mind.
  • graceanli
    graceanli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's good to hear someone say this. I feel like their is a lot of negativity, drama, and stress that goes on behind the curtains in the dance world. I really appreciate what you said. :)
  • GNRfan
    GNRfan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a fellow BED sufferer, although I have no coordination so I'm not a dancer :tongue: Do you mind if I add you?
  • graceanli
    graceanli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not at all.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    None of the above but I just wanted to say "hi" back and welcome to MFP, :)