Grams Or Ounces

Options
EvDianne
EvDianne Posts: 23 Member
Sometimes I try to input my food in My Fitness Pal. The food will come up with grams, and I have no idea how many grams are in food. I can weigh my food in ounces. How do I convert grams to ounces?

Thank you.

Replies

• phillyhockeyfan
    phillyhockeyfan Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    28 grams = 1 ounce
    Whenever possible I weigh/log in grams as its more accurate then ounces.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
  • EvDianne
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! Now I know what to do!!
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone or tablet, there are apps you can get for Android and I"m pretty sure Apple would have them too. I use Unit Converter. It's very handy. I accidentally bought a regular bathroom scale that only weighs in kilograms and I don't know kilograms (although I'm starting to get used to grams and kilograms pretty quickly) so I use that app to convert the weight for both my food and myself. :)
  • EvDianne
    Options
    Hey, thanks, I will work on that!
  • EvDianne
    Options
    I also asked a question about Kick Boards and Flippers in Exercise. Maybe y'all might have advice for that.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    If you have a smart phone or tablet, there are apps you can get for Android and I"m pretty sure Apple would have them too. I use Unit Converter. It's very handy. I accidentally bought a regular bathroom scale that only weighs in kilograms and I don't know kilograms (although I'm starting to get used to grams and kilograms pretty quickly) so I use that app to convert the weight for both my food and myself. :)

So would the g on my scale not be the same as kg? It's confusing because when I convert to oz. it says 8oz which would be the g amount that I need but not sure that's the same as kg?

• DonaldCriola
    DonaldCriola Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    EvDianne wrote: »
    Sometimes I try to input my food in My Fitness Pal. The food will come up with grams, and I have no idea how many grams are in food. I can weigh my food in ounces. How do I convert grams to ounces?

Thank you.

You can always use google
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    joobey wrote: »
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

So would the g on my scale not be the same as kg? It's confusing because when I convert to oz. it says 8oz which would be the g amount that I need but not sure that's the same as kg?

Grams and kilograms are not the same thing. There are 1,000 grams in a kilogram. One ounce = 28 grams, so 8 ounces in grams would be 28 x 8.