Has anyone seen the price of fat guy clothes, lately??!!

Options
Okay, before I incur the wrath of anybody, I am referring to myself as the fat guy in the above title. But seriously, has anyone? I went in the get a new belt (which was traumatic, I went up 3 belt sizes) and a T-Shirt was $50. Wants a nice, casual button down? $80! Some decent slacks, $119 ON SALE. Sweet lord, seriously? I need to lose some damn weight before I am too big for my current wardrobe and take out a second mortgage on my house for a new one...

.....which leads me to YOU! I am a nerd. I am a dude. I like sports. I am in the middle of Oklahoma. I weigh 408 pounds (yes, really.). I am sarcastic, fun loving, music bumping, and all around fun dude to be around with. You want me on your team. I want you on my team. Let's gang up and kick weight loss in the nuts!

Replies

• shellscriptr
    shellscriptr Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Dude, for real though. It's the same for me on the ladies side. Lane Gyant is not cheap, and you will never find a more wretched hive of tacky and frumpy.
    Being able to buy clothes at any shop in the mall is definitely a big motivation.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    are you in the u.s.? if you search for coupons for kingsizedirect.com , there's almost always a coupon for 20% to %40 off, and they also send out regular deals via email. also j.c. penney often has sales that include the big/tall clothes - my husband is 6' 7", so we love those sales. just the other day, we got him 3 tshirts for like $14 each after the discounts.

and yes, let's kick weight loss in the gonads!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    A lot of the clothes I see in smaller sizes are that much as well...Perhaps it was the store you were in.
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Back when I was 290 lbs I just made all my own clothes. First because I was a teenager and the clothes I could find (at walmart, etc) that were in my size were most definitely not my style. Second, because the somewhat nice clothing my size was priced through the roof, and I was living in poverty as the kid of a single mom. Working at a fabric shop was the only way I stayed fat and stylish ;)