need to lose weight with PCOS

Options
hssheikh
hssheikh Posts: 55 Member
hey hi...ive joined this website some 3 to 4 days back.. and im following its reduced calorie intake schedule... im 27 years old and suffer from PCOS... I need to lose weight and im intended on trying my best for that... do share your experiences and help me stay motivated abt the weight loss regime... suggestions are also welcomed!...

Replies

• TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Im 28 with pcos. :) Welcome.. Add me if you want!!!
  • Appersmere
    Appersmere Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and was officially diagnosed with PCOS in 2005, but have suffered with symptoms of it for 10+ years before being diagnosed. (The doctor I was seeing before being diagnosed was blaming me for my symptoms.). I've been here at MFP for 22 days and have already lost 10lbs.

My advice... is plan your days meals ahead of time and stick with them. It's so much easier to go over your calorie goals if you log what you eat as you eat it. If you plan it (and log it) ahead of time, it's much easier to say at, or under your goal.

Good luck in your journey!
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    26 with PCOS. Lets make a change.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    37 with PCOS
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    hey hi...ive joined this website some 3 to 4 days back.. and im following its reduced calorie intake schedule... im 27 years old and suffer from PCOS... I need to lose weight and im intended on trying my best for that... do share your experiences and help me stay motivated abt the weight loss regime... suggestions are also welcomed!...

i'm 32 with PCOS too but my case is more abnormal because i never had any regular period in my lifetime, only 2-3 times a year. i have been to 3 OB gynes and they told me one same thing, that my testosterone levels are very high for a female and i don't have progesterone, a female hormone which makes a egg cell mature. to make things worse, that PCOS had made me become a full-blown diabetic because i was already prediabetic before that happen. I gained a lot (see the "before" image on my ticker below) and actually became an obese w/ BMI of 30.2. but now im happy to get into my normal weight again after so many years.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    PCOS here too and 37. I am one of the lucky few that are not overweight (30% of PCOS sufferer) but it is still very hard to lose weight. I suggest a low carb dier. It really help for us Good luck
  • TamiLinc
    TamiLinc Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. I was diagnosed as a teen. Starting losing weight a year and a half ago and while it is much harder and can be slow going, if you keep at it, you will get there! I went off the pill in December, about 6 months ago, and my weight loss stalled. My doctor was worried that I'd put weight back on, but luckily, that hasn't happened, and I'm still losing, just much slower. I have found many of the symptoms relieved now that I've lost weight- mostly regular periods (until this month, grr :grumble: ), and while they last a bit longer they are much lighter, as is the cramping (the cramps are even lighter than when I was on the pill!).

Anyone of you can feel free to friend me. I have some other friends with PCOS on here too. It is always good to have others who understand the struggles and the frustrations.

Best of luck to you! :smile: