Giving it another try.

Options
Hello everyone, like so many people I have tried...failed...tried...failed...and now I'm on the try portion again. I'm 35...so I feel like I REALLY need this one to work. To be honest many people have already told me that its already too late to hit any of my goals. Maybe so...but I'm too stubborn (stupid?) to quit. I hope that I can also help out some of you as well as I start to post here. I'll get more specific as time goes on, but this is good enough for 11 at night I thinks.

Replies

• LotusNina
    LotusNina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Never too late for anything. Change the word "try" for "do", as the word "try" adds doubt to your sentence. Take it one day at a time. There are always going to be those negative voices telling you that you can't do it. The first thing is not lying to oneself and knowing if mentally you are ready for a change.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, like so many people I have tried...failed...tried...failed...and now I'm on the try portion again. I'm 35...so I feel like I REALLY need this one to work. To be honest many people have already told me that its already too late to hit any of my goals. Maybe so...but I'm too stubborn (stupid?) to quit. I hope that I can also help out some of you as well as I start to post here. I'll get more specific as time goes on, but this is good enough for 11 at night I thinks.

What are your goals?
  • MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's never too late! Feel free to add me! That goes for anyone! Open diary and I'm on here daily. Just started 3 weeks ago and I've lost 7lbs already! I'm 26, 5'6", and have about 60lbs yet to lose! We can help each other out if you'd like :)
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It's never too late as long as your still breathing. Plenty of people even older than you have succeeded.
  • tashandria
    tashandria Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do u add people. I have tried weight loss and failed so many times. I am at it again and so far I have lost 11 pounds. Add me please so I can gain motivation.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    It's only too late if you're dead and that's obviously not the case. I can only wish I had done this when I was 35. Oh wait, I did and then 10 years later or so I let it all fall apart. I'm now 62, down 27 pounds since January 6th, only 7 pounds from my goal. At that point I will probably make a new goal, have to get there first. I want to be lean enough and strong enough to take up rock climbing again, a sport I used to do until I thought I was too fat and old to do it. Positive mental attitude is the key, the rest just falls into place.
  • poscur
    poscur Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You are a spring chicken! As they say..one day at a time. I agree w. Rocknut53 just take it one step at a time, break your goals into smaller goals and think of non food rewards for each goal. I already have my 1st goal picked out and can't wait to get there!
  • gabby4mc
    gabby4mc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's never too late!! I'll be 50 in 39 days and I've lost 57# in the last couple years and the majority of that has been in the last six months. If I can do it, anyone can!! Hang in there!! Add me as a friend if you like and I'll happy to cheer you on!!
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    "Try try until you succeed" but never give up. Its to easy to gain weight but its not an easy to loss weight fastly, just believe in yourself, motivate from mfp folks. The journey of weight loss is bit hard in starting but later once you see the small results you will enjoy it. I am to on the process of initial step hope we do acheive it. All the best!!
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It's great to hear that you are giving it another try. :)