I failed again!

Options
So here I am again! Gained my weight back (42 pounds to be exact) after doing soooo damn well!! After promising myself I'd never hit the 200's again! And for the 3rd... No, 4th... Umm.. Possibly 5th time of losing weight I go back up! Excuse? Well of course there is an excuse! Car accident, April 2015. Yup. A year ago. Within a year I gained back 42 pounds, saying it aloud is embarrassing. Anyway, I started back 20 whole days ago.. And I absolutely cannot wait to start feeling/seeing the results again! I am a pro at losing weight.. "The right way" or MY right way at least. Lol. Soooo here I go again! Opting out of failing again! Only loss will be these pounds!

Replies

• Bradford904
    Bradford904 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Some say the journey is where the fun is instead of the goal at the end. I believe as long as you update your goals you will never be tired of the journey.
  • tarboro84
    tarboro84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It happens hun. Stay encouraged.
  • whywhywhywouldyouwhy
    Options
    You should be super proud of yourself for all the times you've lost weight! You can do it and you'll do it again :) I'm sorry about the car accident, I hope it wasn't too serious.
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Life happens. In life, many successful individuals fail numerous times before they actually succeed. You've lost weight before so you have an idea on how to do it again. Don't let this hiccup get you down.
  • eleesJourney
    eleesJourney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You should be super proud of yourself for all the times you've lost weight! You can do it and you'll do it again :) I'm sorry about the car accident, I hope it wasn't too serious.

Thank you!
  • eleesJourney
    Options
    gonzanab wrote: »
    Life happens. In life, many successful individuals fail numerous times before they actually succeed. You've lost weight before so you have an idea on how to do it again. Don't let this hiccup get you down.

You are absolutely right
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Forget what you did focus on what your doing :)
    I lost 71lbs in 2012 I still had 45lbs to go but I then tore my calve muscle got married then last year got sepsis = 45lb gain so I had 84lbs to my new goal and it's slow but this time I'm having occasional meals out drinks if I want & treats
    The thing is I've yoyoed for 28 years & each times it's harder so as I'm approaching 47 I know this has to be it as it will take longer the older I get

I'll add you & we can change our lifestyle ? :smile:
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds in my adult life. I have learned that this happens to most of us on our way to being healthy and I think that each time it has happened I have come back stronger. Forgive yourself, a car accident is a major set back, and get back to what you know is healthy. We're here to help.
  • ALHgettingfit
    ALHgettingfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love your post. You will do it again and be great! At least you know how to lose it. I have been at the gym every morning at 4:30 am for the last 3 months and have only lost 4lbs. I’m not stopping though. It’s a struggle for me, so I wish I had your talent to lose it.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I love your post. You will do it again and be great! At least you know how to lose it. I have been at the gym every morning at 4:30 am for the last 3 months and have only lost 4lbs. I’m not stopping though. It’s a struggle for me, so I wish I had your talent to lose it.

Are you weighing & measuring everything ?
    How are you working cals out ?
    Do you eat exercise cals ? @ALHgettingfit
  • ALHgettingfit
    ALHgettingfit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »

Are you weighing & measuring everything ?
    How are you working cals out ?
    Do you eat exercise cals ? @ALHgettingfit

@size102b ... No I haven't being weighing and measuring everything. In fact, I just took out my food scale this morning. I am going to start as of today. I have eating some of my exercising calories back, but not everyday and not all of them. I have to be honest and say, I haven't been putting absolutely thing in MFP. I was logging on for a week and then stopping. Not consistent with logging my food. As of today I have a 15 day streak, and this is why I've lost the 4 lbs. However, I feel like I'm missing something.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You have not failed! Failure is what happens when you quit trying. You've gotten up, dusted yourself off, and are back on that horse. You can do it!
  • ForJace
    ForJace Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm here again also. I was at 240 I lost 50. Gained it back and then some. Got pregnant went up to 300 lbs! I got down to 235 and got sick ..anxiety attacks and here I sit at 256 lbs. I know I can do it I've done it before! Just gotta stay motivated and find what works for me. Hope you find what works for you, too !
  • lizsh19
    lizsh19 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have much respect!! Keep going I know you'll see results fast with such positive attitudes you have!!
  • eleesJourney
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I have gained and lost hundreds of pounds in my adult life. I have learned that this happens to most of us on our way to being healthy and I think that each time it has happened I have come back stronger. Forgive yourself, a car accident is a major set back, and get back to what you know is healthy. We're here to help.

I completely agree! I too have came back stronger and more knowledgeable each time! Yay us!!
  • eleesJourney
    Options
    scubakat67 wrote: »
    You have not failed! Failure is what happens when you quit trying. You've gotten up, dusted yourself off, and are back on that horse. You can do it!

Thank you!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    You know what to do and you know there's no magic pill. Just get back on the horse. It will work out and one day it'll even stick. Trust me, I have gained and lost more times than I care to admit. Life happens, crap happens, and sometimes I'm just lazy but acknowledging it is half the battle!