L's Fish Dish :) 333KCALS - For the dieter with a LARGE app

Options
LaurieRny
LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
I just whipped this up and thought I would share :) I have a HUGE appetite so dieting becomes a big issue for me because I always feel hungry. I drink enough water and that doesnt always work so for me meal times is finding things with very low calories that I can have alot of.

Im naming this L's Fish Dish :)

250g frozen haddock (Defrosted)
5 Cherry tomatoes
5 Mushrooms
2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
2 Cloves of garlic
10 Sprays of fry light 1kcal oil. (5 for each pan)

One pan you need to add the 5 sprays of oil, slice up the garlic, mushrooms and tomatoes and lightly fry
Warm the second pan up but dont add the oil untill the pan is really hot. Then add the oil and add fillet of haddock and fry each side for maximum 30 seconds.
Whilst the contents of pan one has all browned and is nice and golden, add the 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, stir in and let that simmer.
Whilst thats simmering, remove each haddock and place on your plate, when thats done all you have to do is add the contents of the first pan ontop of the haddock and let the juices seep into the fish.
So filling, yummy and ONLY 333 CALORIES!

I have a picture too but dont know how to upload it :(

Let me know if you try it and what u think! xxx

Replies

• maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    this sounds awesome! Thank you
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely I have had a bottle of balsamic in the cupboard for ages now and never sure what to do with it :smile:
  • queen_bea
    queen_bea Posts: 118
    Options
    Sounds yummy.. but whats haddock? Ive not heard of it and dont think u xan get it here. Is it a white fish?
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the recipe and yes haddock is a mild white fish.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Sounds good miss L! Like you, I too have a massive appetite. I tend to add a salad or pile of broccoli to a lot of meals to fill me up. A portion of roasted butternut squash tastes naughty but is a good low cal way of filling up.

queen bea- yes, haddock is a firm (ish) white fish. Any nice firm white fish fillets would work.
  • LaurieRny
    LaurieRny Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all your lovely comments. Iv never tried butternut squash...but I might now :) x