Protein??

Options
Im trying to gain muscle through working out and eating more protein, does anyone have any snack ideas that are high in protein??

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    0% Greek yogurt, mixed with fresh fruit and a sweetner is a good protein snack. Also a fruit smoothie with your whey protein added. Get a blender add ice if using fresh fruit...if fruit is frozen you don't need ice...0% greek yogurt and a sweetner if needed and your whey protein powder...blend.
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Peanuts and egg whites :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    eggs, tuna, yogurt, beef jerky, cottage cheese, and nuts
  • Mahhafooznit
    Mahhafooznit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    post workout meal for me is 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with soy protein powder. soy seems to
    taste better then whey.

if you are doing 6 meals a day. 2 meals of (1 chicken breast with 1 cup of frozen veggies-steamed)
    that will give you protein and fiber to fill you up.

invest in a george forman grill. those things are amazing.

instead of pasta have brown rice instead. mixes just as well with pasta sauce. could even dice
    some chicken in there or mix with tuna or salman to make it have more protein.
  • cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    post workout meal for me is 1 cup of oatmeal mixed with soy protein powder. soy seems to
    taste better then whey.

I try to avoid soy at all costs. Soy has a lot of chemicals called phytoestrogens, which are very similar to the hormone estrogen. There is no conclusive evidence that soy increases production of estrogen in the body, but it's enough for me to avoid it.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    taste better then whey.

I try to avoid soy at all costs. Soy has a lot of chemicals called phytoestrogens, which are very similar to the hormone estrogen. There is no conclusive evidence that soy increases production of estrogen in the body, but it's enough for me to avoid it.

Japanese women don't get hot flushes during the menopause which is evidence enough for me!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Double post!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    A serving of cheese or a dozen whole, unsalted almonds.
  • JoeyC07
    JoeyC07 Posts: 42
    Options
    Im trying to gain muscle through working out and eating more protein, does anyone have any snack ideas that are high in protein??

How many grams/day are you trying to get? I try to hit 300g/day...besides meals high in protein and a shake or two a day I try to allways a few snacks on hand.

Chobani yougurts are great 14g and helps w/ digestion and keeping you lean.
    Natural low sodium low fat peanut butter
    nuts
    low fat cheese stick
    edamame beans..dont use too much salt.
    beef jerkey..again just watch the sodium
    eas lite protein bars are good...but really any of them that are low in sugar..
    i eat

I hope you can use some of these ideas...goodluck
  • sarapulsifer
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My favorite is cottage cheese or Vanilla yogurt with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean mixed in.