Slow moving

Options
So I been on a diet since the end of Feb.... My goal had been 20 pounds by May 4. I do the 1200 calorie plan and do my treadmill everyday! I mean everyday even if it's just moderate walking of 30 min. So far I have only lost 11 pounds. I doubt I am going to hit my goal by date. I don't understand what I am doing wrong? Am I crazy to think I should have lost more weight than this? I have friends doing similar plan as me and have been doing it for less time and have lost more

Replies

• riricici
    riricici Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, you're doing great! Focus on how much you've accomplished already. Don't compare yourself to other people - everyone is different. Your body may be at a plateau, maybe working in some extra exercise may help? I don't think you should eat any less, If you've been at 1200 that's pretty low. I don't think you're doing anything wrong- I'm no expert but it sounds like you're doing lots right! Keep it up!
  • Diesyable
    Diesyable Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are more than half way to your goal! And if you don't hit your goal, don't sweat it. Be happy with the progress you have made! :) Everyone is different, and I think you have been doing great! Remember to keep that chin up and keep at it.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    jenkylynn wrote: »
    So I been on a diet since the end of Feb.... My goal had been 20 pounds by May 4. I do the 1200 calorie plan and do my treadmill everyday! I mean everyday even if it's just moderate walking of 30 min. So far I have only lost 11 pounds. I doubt I am going to hit my goal by date. I don't understand what I am doing wrong? Am I crazy to think I should have lost more weight than this? I have friends doing similar plan as me and have been doing it for less time and have lost more

You're more than halfway to your target weight loss and yet you're unhappy? You've lost 11 lbs in about one and a half months which equates to a just under 2 lbs a week (if my maths is correct), 0.5 lbs a week is considered a good rate of loss. At this rate you'll probably actually be really close to your 20 lb loss target by May the 4th. But I have to ask, why set a deadline for this? What happens after May the 4th if you don't hit an exact number? Why not instead focus on a long term goal of leading a sustainable, healthy lifestyle?
  • jenkylynn
    jenkylynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had that goal date because I'm going away for 4 weeks. I do this every year and during that time I tend to gain and not be able to exercise as much or eat good. I'm hoping not to have that happen this year I was hoping to loose some extra weight before I left. The date has also been changed to April 27 so I no longer have that goal since it's very unrealistic to loose 9 pounds on a healthy level by then
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You've already lost a lot of weight and at your current rate will lose a significant amount more by that point. You're pretty much on target. Whether you end up losing 15 lbs or 20 lbs by that time, you'll have made a big difference in your health and physique. Maybe praise yourself a bit here, you deserve it.
  • jenkylynn
    jenkylynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I started Feb. 8th and still haven't lost my first 20 lbs even though I ALWAYS stay within my calorie range. However, when I do the math, it tells me I'm losing an average of 1.83 lbs per week, which is what I was aiming for. So you just have to remember that weight loss isn't linear and if you just keep on keeping on, you'll get there. Good luck on your journey. :)
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Your doing great, I understand it's frustrating to not meet your goals exactly as scheduled but keep doing what your doing and it will all pay off.