who is your biggest supporter?

Options
My mom is by far my greatest supporter! We have both struggled with anorexia our whole lives (both recovered) and she is the only one I can go to about everything! I can cry to her when I feel fat I can laugh with her over the same! Everyone else seems to care less about my need to be in shape and I get a lot of " if you think your fat you must think I am obese" thanks mommy, I know I would have fell off the wagon if you hadn't been there supporting me

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My husband who never pushed me to lose weight and I always made sure I knew that he loves me either way
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It depends. You guys as far as what I eat how, b/c my husband doesn't care. I mean, he doesn't give me a hard time about it but he doesn't cheer me on either.

Exercise? Definitely my husband. Again, couch potato, but he sees how much better my back is and that I'm less stressed and in less pain and points that out when I start going "well, I don't really have time". He encourages me to take time for myself and to do the things I love. When I wouldn't spend money on myself or whatever, he balances that out. There's a reason opposites attract.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel like my biggest supporters are the friends I have made on here? I have people in in my life that support me also but those here understand exactly what I am going through.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm both my worst critic and my biggest supporter.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is my biggest supporter. He is always complimenting me on how great I look, and we encourage each other to be active. We live in two different cities right now so it can be difficult to workout together, but we are really looking forward to going on vacation together soon and going to the gym together, hiking, swimming, etc. :smile:

I'd say my other big supporters are my friends on MFP... They are the BEST! My real life friends I think are more jealous if I have any weight loss instead of being supportive. :ohwell:
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't think I have just one. I have my mom whom I'm inspiring to lose weight, I have my best friend who is working with me towards our goals ( although she'll get there so much sooner), I have my coworkers and my husband who, when not being paranoid that I'm out looking to replace him....cheers me on, encourages me and brags about me.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    My biggest supporter is my son... He is my lil motivator and constantly tells me im doing such a great job. And he loves me no matter what...
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel like my biggest supporters are the friends I have made on here? I have people in in my life that support me also but those here understand exactly what I am going through.
    [/quote

No I think its great! My husband is ok at the whole support thing just has zero understanding why I want it so bad or why I go work out 5 days a week, its hard for people to understand when they have never had to work out or diet
  • sammyjj53
    sammyjj53 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am my biggest supporter foremost!!!! If you are not your biggest supporter I feel you are setting your self up to fail. You have to be your #1 biggest supporter before anyone else. :heart:
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My biggest supporter is my son... He is my lil motivator and constantly tells me im doing such a great job. And he loves me no matter what...

I have no idea how old you son is but my oldest is 4 and last night after I got done doing my and he says " how come your not getting all hot and sexy anymore" lmao I can only assume he heard daddy say that I almost died
  • FunRun08
    FunRun08 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I also feel like my biggest supporters are on here. My husband is loving of me heavy or in shape, but he doesn't understand my drive and passion for exercise. Although he always watches our short people so I can go to races and on my long runs. The rest of my family (his side and mine) are all over weight so I feel like even though they say they are happy for me they don't understand the hard work it took to get here. MY kids are supporters because they are the reason I started this journey, they keep me going even if they don't know it.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have a wonderful family that are very supportive especially my mom and step-mom. My friends here on MFP are also very inspiring, supportive and motivational. I know I can log on and stay focused.
  • Andythefitfamilyman
    Options
    Mine is my wife, she the first person to pick me up when I fall, won't let me do the whole self pitty thing and always help when ever I need it
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My children & my husband.

My children are truly helping stay focus with my eating. They even exercise with me sometimes. Sometimes they grab old photos and say mom this doesn't even look like you. Kids can make you feel so good.

Even though my husband has been stationed away from us for over 4 years he has been very supportive since I've started my journey just after Thanksgiving. He encourages me through his words. He's very attentive when I go on and on about weight loss and eating healthy. Thats my boo!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Myself and my MFP pals...I havent told anyone apart from my kids and one sister, no one else has said a word (54lb down and not noticeable?!) My kids are pretty supportive but my 13 year old says he wants me to stay as I am now :huh: He likes having a cuddly mum :noway:
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My fiance - he's a 'quiet' supporter which I like. He just leaves me to get on with it and supports me.

He never once complained when I got so overweight or made me feel bad in any way for it.
    He puts up with me hovering over him when he's cooking so I can count every thing he's adding.
    He adds any high calorie stuff to his food after dishing up mine - eg butter to his mash, butter to his pasta, cheese to his omelettes etc.
    He never tries to make me eat naughty food but also never makes me feel guilty when I do.
    He doesn't put obstacles in my way when I want to work out.
    He gets enthusiastic when I make a new goal or have a NSV.
    He orders me tap water at the bar when we go out even though he hates doing it lol.
    He tells me the truth about things. For example I started Turbofire and took photos, when I took my 4 week progress photos I could not see any differences - I asked him to look and tell me what he thought and he said he couldn't see any changes either but to stick at it.
    When I complain about my shrunken boobs or saggy skin he reminds me it's better to have that than be as overweight and unhealthy as I was.

+ loads and loads of other little stuff over the years.

I just realised posting this that I really should tell him how much I appreciate all of that :)
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My husband could care less what I weigh, in fact he is no support at all. Ditto everyone in the "real world" my real world anyway.

My true support comes from y.......my friends, my dear sweet wonderful friends here at MFP are always here, understand the struggle, understand and care. And I care about them.

This is the best site on the internet and I've recieved more support, more genuine caring here than in any other time in my life.

Thank you MFPs friends! And if you are reading this and need a good friend, I'm here. I believe in you!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Myself. and also my MFP friends. Nobody else really care lol
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Well My biggest supporter was my Grandmother whom pasted away 3 wks tomorrow, That was very tough to get thru and I still miss her so very much.:frown: . I wasn't sure If I was going to be able to continue on my weightloss Journey then I realized I have My wonderful MFP family that counts on me everyday for support and encouragement.. And there is no way I will let them down or my Grandmother who is now cheering me on from Heaven... :heart:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and my mfp friends.

My boyfriend because he is the first person to get the weight thing. My mom and two sisters are tiny my dad too.
    I am the only one in the family that is overweight. He comes running with me,does shred with me and goes out of his way to make me healthy dinners,i am a vegetarian and he is a serious meat eater but will make me veggie friendly dinners.
    He always tell me how great i look and the first to tell me how good i am doing.

My mfp friends because they keep me going everyday. Some people do no know how something as small as a well done keeps you going. I would be lost without every single one of them. It is nice to share with people that are going through the same thing and people that have come out the other side and can give you advice.